Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't made any type of cracker yet. I come across recipes and instead of just trying them...I am afraid to waste ingredients and have the end result tossed in the trash, so always end up asking here if anyone has made them and how they tasted.

·
27,948 Posts
Nope, I leave it to the experts too.
Good ? Sara. So many things I just figure I can't mak but why not?

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
I wonder what the ingredients would be even? Hmmm my inquiring mind is inquiring! LOL

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Graham Crackers

1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 3/4 cup whole wheat flour or graham flour
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. baking powder
1/8 t. cinnamon or to taste
1/2 cup water

Cream the butter and sugar. Add the combined ingredients alternately with 1/2 cup water. Work it into a thick paste. Let stand, covered for 30 minutes.
Roll out one quarter of the dough at a time, on a floured surface, to 1/8 inch thick. Cut with a pizza cutter if so desired.
Bake on an ungreased baking sheet in a 350 deg oven for approximately 12 min or until the edges begin to brown.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Simple recipe.    Sara, you had success both in bread making and in cinnamon bun making, so I'm sure you can make these.

I tried making regular crackers once, but we really didn't like the taste of them.   I think it would have to be a taste you acquired, especially after eating regular crackers for years, kwim

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
I made them - ONCE. Yep, they got tossed in the trash. Too . . . icky for our tastes. I'm not sure what I did wrong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts