1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I have tried the rolled sheets of Bee's wax and I guess I didn't roll it tight enough... It wouldn't burn right....... I LOVE the cookie cutter candles ! The first one is awesome, I think I could just re-dip purchased pillers and do that one.. I also like the second cookie cutter one..... I have so many old brass cookie cutters and don't use them....

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
these are great!! they look pretty easy.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I'd love to do the cookie cutter candles. They're so cute :)

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I came across this and wonder how it's done. Tammy? Jodi? ;)

I realize the beeswax is rolled, but wonder what's in the center? Just different colored beeswax? What holds the wick in?

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
looks like- at least to me-- that they took different colors of bees wax sheets and rolled them. They may have dipped the wick into different colored melted waxes to simulate the other sushi ingredients. And maybe perhaps dipping the wax wick would hold the wick still against the rolled beeswax....

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Looks like to me the wick is just rolled up with the beeswax...it was prob cut a little longer than the beeswax was wide and rolled up...make sense..?!

I tried the cookie cutter candles.....Mine didn't really turn out that great lol

The 'handrolled' cinnamon buns at this site.... http://www.cakecandle.com/handroll.asp look to me like they were done with a mold....I had the very same mold :toothy:
I tried handrolling mine and it was very hard.The wax has to be a certain temp to keep it from falling apart...so MOST that say "handrolled" was actually done with a mold.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts