Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been donating quilts to Project Linus for over five years. The drop off point isn't real close to home, so I usually let them pile up and then donate a bunch at once -- usually once or twice a year. I'm not really a "joiner" so I like the idea that this is something I can work on alone and at my own pace. I also think it is good that many of the quilts we donate stay in our state. And I've just got a soft spot in my heart for children in crisis situations.

What other charity projects are you guys working on?

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
I make quilts/diaper shirts/ cloth diapers/ layettes/ for new borns - age 2 for our crisis pregnancy center.

I make all sorts of items for Pine Ridge reservation, including at least 2 quilts a year.

I also make various items for our homeless shelter. . . .

And I make items to send to Haiti - as part of our church's mission.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I'm on another forum that's all about Crochet and we have a Charity Blitz every month of the year and I contribute to that along with crocheting for the Nursing Home Residents and the VA center. For the NH and VA I usually stick to lapghans and bed socks/booties.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I made a quilt that will be donated to Ami Sims Alzheimer's Quilt Initiative in honor of DH's grandfather. I had three extra blocks framed - one for DH, one for FIL and one for DH's aunt.

I am also working on a few Project Linus quilts, but haven't finished them yet - the holidays got in the way! :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
I make isolette quilts for the NICU and small ones for the child advocacy center. There is also a group of us that go to the nursing home and quilt once a week.

piney

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I make charity quilts through my quilt guild and then they are donated locally. I have one I just finished. I'll post it once I get a picture of it.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Here is a charity quilt I recently completed for my quilt guild. We give out quilts to kids in need.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts