Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to know how to make it..Do you like it better then store bought? TIA..

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Reactions: brenda67

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
You know those expensive "pout booster" products..
My DD and I make one at home that works amazingly well.

Go to the store where you buy your soap making supplies, they usually have the chapstick stuff there.
Buy a colored pigment that you like, or not. But DO buy essential cinnamon oil and essential mint oil. Add about 3x the "reccomended" amount of the oils to the product. (That may sound scary, but it's a matter of drops not teaspoons)

You'll end up with a shiny, nicely scented lip balm in a pretty color that plumps your pucker right up. It's the "irritation" from the strong essential oils that cause mild swelling in the lip tissue.

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
This is from a library book I picked up last night. I haven't tried it, but because of the paraffin it looks like it might be more like the Chapstick you buy.

Chapped-lip Stick
1/4 c. paraffin
1/4 c. petroleum jelly
Few drops oil of lemon or other scent (optional)
In glass or enamel double boiler, melt paraffin slowly, stirring constantly. When melted, add petroleum jelly. Stir till completely combined. Remove from heat and add oil, if using. Pour into container with tight lid, and/or small tin or pillbox for carrying convenience.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts