Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Hi neighbor :wave: I live between Seattle & Tacoma, I actually used to live in Tacoma off & on over the years. Glad to see you here :) you will fins a LOT of interesting things on these boards.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hii!

i'm in redmond. moved here last year from california due to dh's job relocation.
it took some time to get used to the rains but now i feel so happy to be here because there is so much greenery around.

see you around!

-veena

:newbie:

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I wish I were near there! I'm from Portland, OR and I miss the Pacific NW terribly. Central PA doesn't cut it for me. Lately I've really been itching to go/move to Seattle.

I've only been to Seattle once. Have you been to Portland? If so, how would you compare the two?

·
Registered
8 Posts
acidcookie i know how u feel. i'd loathe to move, leaving this pretty place.
Been to portland once in november during thanksgiving. however i had gone there to take an exam hence dint get much time to go around. but we(dh n i) did visit the japanese garden. it was very chilly but still managed to see the whole of it. looking forward to go again this summer.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
:wave::wave:
Did you say Bremerton???? I'm in Poulsbo

(ok, so I know this thread is almost a year old...but I was just looking around to see if I had any neighbors!) :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well, I'm in Lewis County, a couple (three?) counties to the south of Tacoma. I live in a community of less than 600 people, having moved up here from Clark County (Wa.) two years ago.

I'll be passing through Tacoma this Wednesday (the 12th) for an appointment with my hand surgeon in Seattle.

Anyone on this board located in my county?

Janis

·
Registered
65 Posts
frugalffoster:

Oh, yeah? I pass through Packwood whenever my kids go to their dad's in Ellenesburg because I have to meet him (the ex) at the top of White Pass. I actually really like the town of Packwood.

Janis

·
Registered
19 Posts
Oregon

I am south of you in Oregon. I live south of Portland in Corvallis. Have only been here for 2 years. Haven't been to Washington yet. Heard it was very nice up there.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I currently live in AZ, but my DBF is from Graham, Washington. We visited there last March and I fell in love!! We also went to Bremerton and I told him that I want to move there in a few years. So maybe (hopefully) we will be neighbors someday! ;)

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'm south of you in Cowlitz County.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I live in Iowa now, but I grew up in Olympia. My parents and my Dh's parents still live there. We hope to move back to the Pacific Northwest in the next year or so.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Leah:

I was in your neck of the woods the other day. I decided to make the trip to Winco, the closest one being in Longview. When I lived in Clark Co., Winco and Value Village were my two favorite stores.

Boy, even though the prices at Winco are still way better than anywhere else, I sure noticed a big jump on some items from the last time I was there. With the price of gas, I'm trying to justify a once-a-month trip (it's approximately 100 miles round trip, although I have an appointment in Winlock every Tuesday, which makes the round trip about 80...yup, I clocked it!).

Once a week, I have to be in Olympia for therapy on my hand and I hit the Value Village in Lacy once or twice a month (Labor and Industries pays for my gas to therapy and the Value Village is only two or three miles from my therapist's).

Looks like there's a lot of us along that I-5 corridor!

Janis

·
Registered
144 Posts
Poulsbo as well --there is two of us here!

patti
(still working on a signature)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Janis,

I go to Winco maybe once a month. Some things are alot cheaper, like canned goods, other items I can get cheaper by using coupons and watching the ads at Safeway. I usually do all of my grocery shopping in either Kelso or Longview. It's only about a 30 mile round trip for me.

Leah

1 - 20 of 24 Posts