Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anything to do there? I don't gamble. I was bored last time.
We'll be going on a Saturday, leaving the following Thursday. I'll be on my own Tuesday, possibly Monday. Staying at the Venetian on the strip.

We will probably rent a car on the weekend. We like hiking, I like archaeological sites (although my husband might freak if I drag him to yet another ruin - but if we just happened to stumble upon one while doing something else...), scenic drives, anything spectacular to look at in nature. My husband is talking about driving to Death Valley. Is that far, will we find anything there besides death?

Late February, how's the weather?

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
There is always Hoover Dam. It is a fun day trip. Also, if you go south, toward Henderson, there is the Ethel M candy shop and cactus gardens. If you like cacti or chocolate, it is a great trip. I think the M&M factory is right there, as well.

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
There also used to be a big Ripley's Believe It or Not museum in north Las Vegas. Not sure if it is still there.

I would also check out the county museums. They can be a lot of fun.

And it may not be your cup of tea, but I REALLY enjoyed the Atomic Testing Museum. It has a GREAT self-guided tour. I think I spent about three hours there.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
DH and I are going to Vegas in a couple of weeks. Neither of us are big gamblers so we plan to spend some of our time going to the Hoover Dam and also Red Rock Canyon.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I live in North Las Vegas, and have not gambled a penny in the nearly six years we've been here.

Red Rock Canyon, Valley of Fire, and Mt Charleston are all worth visits.

Death Valley is quite a drive; it's in California. I guess it won't be so bad in the winter, do NOT go there in the summer. It's not called Death Valley for nothing.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Oh, and the weather in late February should be fine; pack cool weather clothes but if you're lucky it will be springlike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts