Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this year I will be going over to a friends house on Thanksgiving. Usually I will cook myself a special meal on another day. Well, I decided not to really cook anything. I think I will cook up some collard greens but that is it. Since I am trying to get rid of some extra pounds I figure why should I keep on eating all through the holidays. Sure I will have leftovers which is the best, but I will eventually be eating them also.

So I am going to take a side dish to the friends dinner and sit there and enjoy myself knowing I don't need to cook a meal the next day.

Anyone else deciding not to cook a Thanksgiving day meal?

·
Registered
8,458 Posts
I'm off all week, so I'm going to cook the turkey Tuesday - usually I don't get one. None of the usual "trimmings." I'll freeze most it. When I am off at Thanksgiving and Christmas it's definitely lazy vacation time, and serious cooking is very very low on my list.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I am...I just don't know which day. Tentatively scheduled for Thursday, but dd's baby (adoptive) is already overdue, so we are all in limbo, waiting!!! If she makes an appearance, we'll schedule accordingly :)

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I'm not cooking either just bringing a side dish a jello salad and dip to share at dh's nephews home he has it now cause he has small children.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I only like cooking twice a year, so I'm cooking...

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
I never cook a holiday meal. We have to go to the in-laws from 11:00 - 12:30, my mom's family gathering from 1:00 - 2:30 and finally to my dad's house from 3:00 - whenever. We have to eat at each house, plus get sent home with leftovers from each. There is no reason whatsoever for me to cook.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
My sister-in -law cooks Thanksgiving and I cook Christmas dinner. Everyone brings a dish so it makes it easier on the person who is doing the cooking.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I'm 48 and I've never cooked one. My husband is often on duty and we still eat most holiday meals at his parents or my family. This year we'll have to make it to two meals, one on Friday and one on Saturday. I'll probably make butterscotch pies and green bean casserole.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I always cook something, but this year we are going to a friends house. We are bringing a 11 lb Honey Baked ham and there will be a turducken as well as a huge selection of deserts and veggies.

Was going to make a choc or pumpkin pie, but BF doesn't want me to.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Have the collard greens cooking in the crockpot right now. Smells good in here. I think this is the least I have cooked for a holiday meal. Other than the hungry man dinners I would heat up. lol

·
Registered
924 Posts
I'm not cooking, heading to my brothers. I'll bring a dish.

I used to have Thanksgiving until a few years ago when I was sick the entire month of November and NO ONE offered to help or even bring anything. I was so angry, I cancelled it the day before and haven't done it since. But no, I'm not bitter, really! LOL!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.