Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
......you are doing your knitting, quilting, reading, or whatever hobby or lesiure activity you do? It FLIES by! I never get nearly as much done as I hope to on my knitting or quilting, as I hope to each day! And if I sit down to read, it will be time to make supper in about 5 seconds! (seemingly) Argh!

Yet, when I'm doing something that's annoying, repetitive, boring, and definitely UN-fun, it drags on for hours and days, it seems......taking up all the time I wish I could devote to hobbies and reading.

How about you? NOt enough hours in the day for the things you love?

Reactions: mauimagic

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Absolutely. "Time flies when you're having fun!" :D

Reactions: cab54

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
I totally agree...I can scrapbook all day - actually, I've gone to scrapbook weekends and I cannot believe how fast it goes!! I can look up and 3 hours have gone by.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Totally. If it is something I *want* to do it doesn't take long before I have to get up and do dishes, or sweep or make dinner etc. But if it is something I don't want to do, boy does it take forever!!

·
19,119 Posts
Interesting time concept that seems true for all of us - it always happens at night when I want to read for just a few more minutes before I got to bed and then it turns into an hour later.

Fortunately I've found that as I've gotten older I am doing more things that I enjoy doing than not....one of the benefits of aging!!

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting time concept that seems true for all of us - it always happens at night when I want to read for just a few more minutes before I got to bed and then it turns into an hour later.

Fortunately I've found that as I've gotten older I am doing more things that I enjoy doing than not....one of the benefits of aging!!
I am getting a bit more time, also. But it seems as soon as our sons left home, and dh retired.....we suddenly had aging parents who needed help, we find ourselves babysitting people's dogs, we are driving people where they need to be......in short, everyone's go-to guy and gal. LOL!

In a couple of weeks (hopefully) we are going up to oour cabin for a few months. There, I can knit to my heart's content, and read all of those books I've been stacking up.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I totally agree with you on this. Especially if I'm reading a really juicy-page turning book!!!! :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
I agree time goes fast when you're having fun, also it seems to go faster the older we get.. The last was my grandmothers favorite saying!!!!

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
That is why I read while I'm exercising when I can! I love the stationary bike, becuase I hate getting on it, but I can easily do a half hour or more, if I am reading a good book!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Oh, this is so true, with anything fun! And here I sit at work and the time is going by so ssssllllooooowwwwllllyyyy. :)

Have a great day!

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
yes totally agree. when im engrossedin a book or knitting while watching a movie and oops forgot this weekend that the dryer bell went off 2 hr later lol lol

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
ITA!!!

Which is why my knitting goes with me EVERYWHERE. I had two dr's appts to sit through this morning. I got a sock cast on, the cuff done, and one whole pattern repeat while doing all the waiting. It really makes all the waiting time fly by, or at least seem to :toothy:

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
I completely know where you're coming from. That's probably why I don't have any major hobbies on the go--by the time I pull it out and start it, I'd have to clean up because of the kids. My current hobby is 'learning to be frugal' and getting to know all their is about frugal living from FV.:wink:

Reactions: sabrelvssammy

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Time really does go by so fast as we age. I remember adults saying that when I was a kid, but I never fully understood until I was on my own. And when I became a parent, I realized it goes by even faster.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts