Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought 14 lbs of ground beef yesterday because it was 1.49 per lb, that's the cheapest it's been for quite a while.

I took one pkg and made 24 hamburger patties-total cost $10.00! I tried to explain to DH how expensive the already made patties are, and that he likes mine better anyway. Maybe I got through to him...:bang:

Today I'd like to brown some for later use, and make meatballs with the rest.

I also bought a large pkg of breakfast sausage, and fried a bunch of it this morning. DD's can heat it up for breakfast when they ever get up :sigh:

I made a turkey breast last week, and froze the remaining meat. I haven't decided what to do with that yet. Any suggestions?

I got some boneless breast last week at the Amish mkt 5 lb for 10.00. I took them and breaded them for chicken cutlets and froze them.

I've been a busy bee, lol.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Not on purpose anyway, but for the party I made a motherlode of artichoke dip. It was good, but two pans was a little too much. Doesnt matter because it is legal on Atkins and I use it as a dipper with celery.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Good for you! The OAMC group I'm with( four of us) are taking a break during the summer. I should really put together some meals for us, though. Maybe some chicken with marinade in freezer bags. And, I do have a bunch of ground beef in the freezer I should cook and put in bags.

·
Tina Bob
1,591 Posts
Last week I started getting back into OMACing again. I made 24 breakfast burritos, 24 scrabbled egg muffins, 24 quiche muffins, I think about 50 pieces of french toast and two batches of pancakes.

On the weekend I made 48 hamburger patties, 160 meatballs, 2 meatloaves, and 6 bags of crumbles.

I had picked up a 40 lb box of bananas and I been dehydrating banana chips, banana fruit leather and banana/strawberry fruit leather. Baked 4 dozen banana chocolate chip muffins and 6 banana breads.

Now I need to do some chicken up.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I have not done a mega session in a while, I need to get busy and do one though, DH commented the other day that he liked it when "you cook all that stuff at one time and we have food in the freezer to eat on the days that you work" that really translates to "I like to just pop something in the microwave or oven on the nights that I have too cook" but at least he acknowledges that it is a good process.

I have done some breakfast sessions lately, just sausages and french toast. That is what DD and DH like to have for breakfast. I can do a breakfast session in just an hour or so. I use my large electric griddle to do the french toast on and I can do a entire loaf of bread in just a little bit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts