Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
, or bean frenchers? Does anyone own these? I have always wondered if they are easy to use.
I love kitchen gadgets and have a list a mile long of kitchen items I'd love to own someday.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have a cherry pitter that I bought at the local orchard one year while picking cherries. Mine attaches to a pint or quart jar. It only does one cherry at a time, but it really works nicely and all the pits fall into the jar. I would not be without it when it comes time to clean and freeze cherries!

yolo

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Sara, I don't have any of those. I do everything by hand and because we don't have a chance to get many cherries here (although I did plant 2 cherry trees last year) I don't need a cherry pitter.

I just find all those little gadgets clutter my kitchen so I don't even look at them anymore.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I have a cherry pitter that I love! With 2 cherry trees, I need all the help I can get to process all those wonderful little fruits! Mine attaches to the counter and has a funnel like tray that you load the cherries into. That feeds them into an area where you just hit a plunger like device and it pits the cherries. We can do loads of cherries really quickly with this. We also have another contracption that does apricots and plums. I do have a corn cutter that I hope to use this year (just got it at a yard sale). We have 2 fruit presses to do applesauce in and I wouldn't trade them for the world!:smball:

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. We have what appears to be cherry trees in back, but not sure if they are edible or not. I thought if edible- a cherry picker might be nice to have.
I'd like to see what the gadget looks like for apricots and plums. :D I never knew there was such a thing.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Go to a specialty food or cookware shop or a place that carries lots of canning supplies and they should have them. I found mine at a specialty cookware shop in Bigfork, MT while on vacation. Every summer I get myself some new gadget from that shop!!!:)

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am not really interested in buying them all. I just didn't even realize some even existed for use at home or if they are simple to use or a pain. I do really like the idea of the cherry pitter though.
Can you picture me trying french cut beans? LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts