Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not a good hand quilter at all! Suppose it's cause I need more practice, but I also have trouble finishing things I start, want instant gratification! I only really make small things so I was wondering about a small quilting machine. Is there such a thing? Also anyone have one? What about brands I can look up? Thanks so much frugal friends!

·
4,028 Posts
I haven't looked but there are attachments that can be put on a reg sewing machine to allow machine quilting.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
I use my sewing machine to quilt all of my quilts except the queen size ones. Those I hand quilt.

All you need is a walking foot or a darning foot.

My dream would be to get a long arm sewing machine, however those are out of my range when it comes to $$. Someday. For now, I use my sewing machine.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so much ladies! Are these feet interchangable for different machines. Mine is an old Brother that was my moms. Works great just wondering if a foot would be hard to get for it.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
You'd have to check that out. I know both of mind are made specifically for my sewing machine. Are there any Brother reps near you that you could find out from.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know WalMart sells them, but don't know about accessories. Got my daughter a cheap machine to learn on for Christmas. Thanks for taking the time to answer!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts