Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may sound wierd, but I've been throwing extra money at one certain bill, not because it's the smallest, not because it has the highest interest, but because it's the bill that is actually EASIEST to transfer money to!

It's a line of credit I took out through paypal. My online businesses are all funded through paypal, so when I get a couple of extra sales and have some extra money in my paypal account I just hit a button, add an amount, and boom. Paid!

If I want to pay towards credit cards I have to transfer the money to my personal paypal account, then transfer it to my bank.... wait 3-4 days.... THEN make an online payment towards my credit card. What a bunch of hooey!

Is this a silly reason to pay down this one first??

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I think as long as you are taking care of the 4 walls first(utilities and rent/mortgage) anything you put towards debt is your choice...you are still making progress. Keep it up!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think your reason is valid and right that as long you are able to pay the other important bills, it was just okay.
I usually pay bills based on its importance like electricity and water. Then, the rest will follow, making sure it will be paid on time to avoid interests or penalties.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Paying down debt with the highest interest IS what you should be doing. In the long run, this will ALWAYS save you money.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think, you are doing a good job and you are on the right path. Always give preference to highest interest debt.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Paying down debt is paying down debt. If you aren't concerned about saving money in interest, do whatever is easiest for you. I preferred to pay down high-interest debt first because I didn't enjoy throwing money away on nothing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts