Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if anyone here is caring for their grandchild or children? Hubby and I are in our later 40's and we have custody of our 2.5-yr old granddaughter. Anyone share the experience?

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Hi Catherine :wave: welcome to the village! I'm Dee, I live in upstate NY with my hubby and 10 kitties.

I have never had children myself, so I don't know how it is with having a granddaughter live with you. But these ladies here are the best. We have quite a diverse group here in the village with one main quality, everyone is very caring.

So jump on in and post away I'm sure you will soon love it here as much as we do. :)

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Hello Catherine, welcome to the village.

We don't have grandchildren staying with us righ now, but we did. We also adopted 3 special needs children in our 40's after our other kids had all but left home.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Hi Catherine, dont have grandchildren to re-parent, but I have teenage boys, does that count?

Welcome to the village, you'll find lots of support here, no matter what you station in life.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Hi CatherineID! :welcome: I don't think anyone here is raising grandchildren. I'm in my early 40's and have an infant and toddler of my own. It's quite a shock after having the first one 1/2 grown. (Ds#1 is 11) Even though ds#2 will be 1 in a couple of months, I still feel really tied down at times. It worries me sometimes when I think about how old I'll be when they graduate high school. On the plus side, between the wrinkles and sags, they keep me young at heart!

It's nice to meet you!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi and thanks for the re-welcome. I joined the board back in November and I think I did a newbie message then. I didn't visit much because, well, the holidays hit! This seems like a very friendly board and I do love living a frugal and simple life. Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts