Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We used to play this on 45's in my Aunt's room when we were kids.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
I used to love that song!!! I think my Dad used to play it. :) Thanks for the memory!

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Sure do! I think my Dad had it on a record.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
yep, my Mom always played it! :)

·
19,119 Posts
Okay - I'll admit that was one of my favorites - I think it was 8th grade - brought back a flash of people I had tucked somewhere in my memory - mahalo!!

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My Sister reminded me of it last night. We used to all go in my Aunt's bedroom and pull out her funky colored record player and her stack of 45's and sing along. It was a blast! Loved this and

Reactions: mauimagic

·
19,119 Posts
grinning from ear to ear - mahalo Polly - songs great to sing at the top of our lungs - and to dance to!! Remember that old quote - 'it's got a great beat!!'

Reactions: pollypurebred39

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It makes me grin ear to ear too Maui. My childhood was odd, on one hand it was Great, on the other awful. When I look back I like to remember all the great times, and hanging out with my cousins and singing to my Aunt's 45's are some of the best memories of my childhood. We have a big family and my cousin's were the best then, and still the best today. Makes me want to have a family reunion :)

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You mean this one?

My DH sings this during high stress times.

Reactions: Booklover

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How about this one? We used to listen to this a fall about in fits of giggles.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I love me so old songs :) When I was growing up we had a ton of 45's and my mom use to play all the good old songs and we did our own singing with a hairbrush. I always liked skip a rope. Since i've grown up I heard it and thought why did I love that song so much. The words were not that nice. LOL. Thanks for the memories.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I love me so old songs :) When I was growing up we had a ton of 45's and my mom use to play all the good old songs and we did our own singing with a hairbrush. I always liked skip a rope. Since i've grown up I heard it and thought why did I love that song so much. The words were not that nice. LOL. Thanks for the memories.
I love me some old songs LOL

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Booklover, My youngest was not impressed either. I don't know why? I thought it was funny then and still thinks it's funny. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.