Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
I don't do much because I am busy homeschooling the older kids and taking care of the baby, but I have earned about $200 using swagbucks which I just used to buy cloth diapers and a new food saver vac. sealer on Amazon.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Yard sale season, roughly April-Oct. here, I will pick up items here and there to sell on eBay...have had great success with Coach and Dooney and Bourke.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I do marketforceshopper for secret shops, about half a dozen survey sites, and chacha. i also will buy yard sale and thrift items to sell on craigslist.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yes, I enter data from legal documents for a company. It's kind of boring and tedious but it pays. I also sell on Ebay, have been doing that since they first came on the scene. Wow, time flies! I just realized that's been 10.... 11 years ago? I also do hits on MTurk. Now that's tedious, lol, and you have to do a lot of hits to make some money. I usually use the MTurk money for gifts. The other money goes towards credit cards.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Ooops....misread the question. This isn't online....I've always worked from home as a piano teacher & that was always the "plan" even when I was in college to build a studio in my home. But this is a traditional setting for such a career. Any service you can provide is a very similar situation. The photographer down the street built a portrait studio above his garage. The person across the street from him is an accountant working from home. The person next to them is a vet tech that will do dog sitting services. Your zoning regulations/laws will affect whether you can do this kind of thing or not. Luckily, that's not a problem here.

My family has always been entrepreneurial. This is something my father passed on to us kids, so we figured that's just what you do!

Online: I used to be an eBay powerseller, profit margin was still too small to do more than a year. Brought in $22k that year then had $17k in expenses. Ummm...no, never again. Way to much work for way too little money. I never found that little niche where I'd make good money, and was tired of selling clean/dirty dishwasher magnets made in China (my best seller btw). I sold very nice things too. When eBay fees got raised again, I quit. I've also sold a lot on Amazon, but don't even do that any more. I kind of miss selling toys at Christmas on Amazon, that was pretty fun actually.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yes, I enter data from legal documents for a company. It's kind of boring and tedious but it pays. I also sell on Ebay, have been doing that since they first came on the scene. Wow, time flies! I just realized that's been 10.... 11 years ago? I also do hits on MTurk. Now that's tedious, lol, and you have to do a lot of hits to make some money. I usually use the MTurk money for gifts. The other money goes towards credit cards.

I always forget about mturk thanks for the reminder!

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I do online surveys on Pinecone.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi. Interesting seeing what different people use. I've calculated that I can make a whole $2 per hour on mturk, so I finally dropped that account. Whole lot of nonsense tasks, for next to nothing. About the same earnings on any online survey I ever spent time on.

I get about half my annual income from selling stamps on eBay and other sites, but I've been doing that business since before there was an internet. If you have expertise is some area of collectibles or crafts, there are certainly opportunities to use any of a zillion seller sites to make some extra $$. So many pitfalls, though ... so many sites where you can "make products" that never sell.

Keep researching, see what works for everyone.

Cheers,

·
Super Moderator
1,956 Posts
I am not a Mom but I work from home. Sell on Amazon, Etsy, Ebay, and do Mturk and several survey sites.

·
Registered
85 Posts
is superpoints like swagbucks? i'd like to try them out if someone could give me an invite to them. thanks

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi. I had never heard of swagbucks, but I did check it out, including this in-depth discussion of it:
How to Win Swag Bucks

You really have to be careful with these things. Any site that wants you to install a toolbar is iffy -- toolbars can be very invasive bits of software, I've even seen toolbars flagged as viruses (most recently from some coupon site my wife thought was cool). Sites heavy in advertising and third-party connections and referral pyramids are also typically very invasive, using tracking cookies, selling your personal info -- anything they can do to make a buck for themselves. And most people do NOT make more than $1 an hour on any such site, unless they pester their friends and get them all entangled in the same mess.

The trouble with shopping reward sites (ebates, etc) is that you have to spend a lot of money to get a little bit back.

It will be good to see other people's stories about various sites. I always strongly caution people away from online "make money doing nothing" sites. I have programmed a few search/toolbar/referral sites personally, and will never do so again, for ethical reasons.

I realize it's theoretically possible to make a few $ on gimmicky websites ... maybe save $10 on Christmas gifts ... but I guarantee that the same time could be put to better use almost anywhere else, with less risk to your privacy or sanity.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am a stay at home mommy of 3 kids and I also work from home. I love being able to stay home with my kids and also make a living. I'm able to get paid daily for just a couple of hours of work. I'm also new to this forum and not sure if I'm posting in the right area, I would like to post to the careers, can someone direct me in that direction. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I found a company that I use to promote my photography business that I also make a little extra money on the side with. It's all online. It's not for everyone but I love it!

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
I do a few online surveys: pinecone, mypoints, harris poll, but that's mostly just for fun. I could never make a living from it. But one year I taught school online, through the state of MO. That job had full benefits and I earned a little less than 40,000 that year. I enjoyed it, loved working with the kids online, but the corporate structure of the company that MO used drove me crazy.

Reactions: mauimagic

·
Registered
130 Posts
I used to work from home for a company called VIPDesk. They've changed names now and they are called Aspire. It was an inbound sales/customer service job. Factoring in what I saved in gas from not having to drive to work, it paid the equivalent of about $10 an hour, but I hated it. Phone meetings, sales quotas, calls being graded, rude customers...ugh. I suppose if I had to I would do it again, but not if I had a choice.

I've also heard that West At Home and Live Ops are good places to work for. Same type thing, you do sales or customer service from home.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been making money online since 2004. My husband & I run an Etsy shop. We make and sell handmade jewelry. We started the shop about 6 years ago and it quickly became our full time income. Since that time, we coach others on how to sell on Etsy.

However I wanted to start another stream of income, so I started doing internet marketing. Right now I'm promoting Wake Up Now and am starting to bring in about $600 every month. Not bad for super part time, right?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I do MLM marketing and the good thing is I am in a legit group. I was afraid to take a step on it because it might be a scam but with a little research you can really see if the company is well known or not.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts