Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The book is called "The Sneaky Chef" and it's a great way to sneak some great veggies into your kids' food. I might get it just to use it for myself. The only thing is, it requires a food processor to be able to puree the food, and I don't have one. I'm sure I can get a secondhand one somewhere really cheap.

http://www.thesneakychef.com/

·
Registered
818 Posts
I've been doing this kind of thing for years. It's amazing how easy this is. After a few time of doing this a always tell them. They started trying things after a while.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Food Processor Drawing

I see you need a food processor. they're giving away 2 a month on the Sneaky Chef website. one is a random drawing where you'd have less chance. but the other is based on your sneaky recipe or story submission. that should be easier to win because there will be far fewer entries. it says the story can be funny about a picky eater you've dealt with, or about a time when you snuck something in on someone. the food processor loooks identical to the one on the today show. good luck! PS: I've been using this method for about 2 weeks wtih fantastic success. my kids have never eaten healthier and the best part is they don't suspect a thing :)

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Wow my kids hate veggies, this might be a way for me to sneak them in, lol THANKS! :)

·
Registered
737 Posts
I've never actually snuck anything in, but I've thought about it. Now that my soon to be three year old is boycotting every food on the planet that isn't laden with sugar, I may have to change my tactics:)

Anyone have any good recipes they want to share?

·
Registered
182 Posts
My husband does not like green vegetables , so I dehydrate Spinach and other local greens , I powder them and add them to my recipes randomly.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
My husband does not like green vegetables , so I dehydrate Spinach and other local greens , I powder them and add them to my recipes randomly.
^^^^^^^^
Thats a great one!

When making spaghetti sauce for my bf I buy the firm tofu and puree it very well and add to the sauce along with rough chopped veggies. Its a thicker sauce with chunks of veggies - he's not much big on eating meat and doesnt eat enough protein in my mind...plus if you shred zuchinni into it you give the illusion that its that that makes the sauce a thick texture ;)

Zuchnni bread with shredded carrots? I like muffins - good way to sneak veggies in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts