Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone in Georgia shop at Food Depot? I have been shopping at Aldi, wonder if Food Depot would be better? I went grocery shopping today at Kroger because unfortunately, Aldi was closed for the New Year holiday. Probably spent more than I would had I shopped Aldi, but I was already out and wasn't going to come home empty handed.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have shopped at both places. They are about equal as far as price goes, to me the meat is better at Aldi but Food Depot has a greater selection of product.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. Maybe next time I need a grocery shop day I can go to FD first and then shop Aldi for the meat.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I realize this is an older thread, but I'm curious - I don't understand Food Depot.

Is everything 10% more at check out? Or just the items labeled that it's 10% more??

Why is it 10% at checkout and not just that price on the shelf??

I ran into a new one to pick up a box of sandwich bags. That's all I've gotten so far - it was weird. I didn't get it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
its supposed to be "cost plus ten percent" which is added at the checkout. This applies to all items. I agree, they should just raise the price ten percent from the start. It tricks you into thinking their prices are cheaper.
I have found that they do not have as varied a selection as some of the other stores, so I do not shop there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts