Frugal Village Forums banner

Anyone Shopping Cyber Monday?

1K views 19 replies 19 participants last post by  Early Bird 
#1 ·
Is anyone taking advantage of Cyber Monday?

I checked a few of my favorite websites (Amazon & Target) and I really wasn't impressed with the deals.

I've had a Sears giftcard lying around for a little bit so I headed over to the Sears website. Scored a pretty nifty deal on two cameras (buy one, get a second free!). Shopped through MyPoints, so I'll earn five points per dollar on my order. I still have money left on my giftcard! And since the deal was out online, I can pick it up at my local store, should be done tonight!

Anyone else shopping the world wide web today?

#3 ·
Not me. I'm giving cash to all the grandkids this Christmas.

That seems to be the most appreciated gift. Kids range from 16 to 8 months.

#4 ·
I am doing a little. Snapfish has free shipping today. I am combining the free shipping with some free codes I have to get a couple of free gifts.

Disney.com has a decent deal going. I found some cute tees for each of us. We leave for Disney World in 19 days and all of us could use new Mickey, Grumpy, Tink and Jack Skeleton t-shirts for the trip. Ours from last year are worn out and this way they will still be official Disney merchandise just like we get in the parks, only a bit cheaper.

Otherwise, I have not been overly impressed with the deals today.

#5 ·
I've looked at a few places but haven't purchased anything yet.

#6 ·
:laugh: Me too! Leave it to the frugal ones to be "dragging their feet"...:laugh:

I did check all my emails to see who was going to give me free shipping..........and what the MINIMUM would be....hate that part.

Barnes and Noble may have sucked me in..........free shipping with no minimum!!

#10 ·
I bought my dh's surprise Christmas gift online. I saved $60.00 on it AND got free shipping to my home. I'm happy and I really believe he will be too.

...btw by surprise I mean he doesn't know what he is. He picked out his other gifts.

I've looked around but haven't seen anything else I want or need.

#11 ·
i got a few things on amazon just because i ordered the wrong thing @ TRU and it was delivered today and i realized it was wrong - and amazon had the right thing for cheaper and free shipping .

otherwise i am basically done except for dh and the pollyannas we pick out next week - dh needs to let me know what he wants ( have some clothes for him but thats it )

i like to shop in spurts i would rather spend what i have to spend and get done with ( still try to get best deals though ) so i can get myself back into an uber frugal mindset of not spending .

#12 ·
lordy have they gotten me today and now because of the op im on sear.com..lol

i got deals at barnes and noble..a nice dinosaure stamp set and a nice set of crayons we got my 6 year old an art easel and i thought these would be perfect additons..total spent $7 free shipping and $5 off

no nonsense - 2 pj bottoms..1 or me 1 for mom for xmas, socks for kids and socks for hubby an 6 or 8 more sets of socks for me and xma gifts..$16.88 free shippin and 50% off

perry ellis - 50% everything i got 2 men pj sets fleece orginally 70 for both..paid $36 plus free shipping

bath and body works (again ) i got 5 reindeer handsantizers, and 2 refils for my plugs in...$6.99 ($5.99 was shipping charger) they had $10 off any purchase

thats it ..so far..this doesnt include black friday shopping

#14 ·
Thought I was safe - but those reindeer hand sanitizers sound really cute!!

#16 ·
i checked some emails. i was dissapointed with the free shipping...if u spend 60.00, or 75.00 or 100.00..........just forcing u 2 spend more on stuff u don't really want.....so i only spent at kurig sp? for 2 boxes of coffee for my sister. to get free shipping i had 2 order 4. not a biggie as i just bought a new kurig for myself and can use the coffee.

#17 ·
Does buying vitamins online count? I did get shipping for 99 cents!

I looked a bit, but everything was way out of my budget. Surprised so many are out spending money. People seem to be opening up their wallets more.

#20 ·
We did a lot of shopping on Cyber Monday --
  • Eddie Bauer (30% off plus free shipping);
  • LLBean (15% off plus free shipping when you use your LL Bean card, plus a $10 gift card if you spend over $50);
  • Knitpicks (some yarns 25%-35% off, plus free shipping if you spend $50 or more);
  • Elann.com (1-day yarn sale for Cyber Monday).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.