Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I suffer from permanate{sp?} nerve damage in my lower back on the right side & both my legs due do a "doctors" neglect & that's being kind.:furious: Whenever the temperature outside gets below 65 I hurt but I can usually handle it with meds but today has been HORRIBLE :weeping: I also suffer from Insomnia which doesn't help either & I have been up all night. I fell asleep around 2:30am then my cat woke me up at 4am needing to go out then of course I couldn't go back to sleep so I waited for her to come back in around 5:30am. I laydown & the pain is unbereable, I sit in my recliner & I'm still in so much pain I just :cry: because the meds doen't help & I use a heating pad which isn't even doing anything either, so now I'm in HORRIBLE pain & kind of tired & just want some of this pain away. Sorry for the long :nrant: :( just was kind of wandering if there was anyone who suffers with pain out there?

·
Registered
586 Posts
I am sorry to hear about your pain. I suffer from fibromyalgia and at times I am in a lot of pain. Mostly fatigued and achy. I do take an anti-inflammatory and it does help a little. I also take Soma which is a muscle relaxer to help me sleep at night. I do feel better during the day if I have had a decent nights sleep. I try to exercise and get a good nights sleep but that does not always happen. I have good days, sometimes weeks and then have a bad day or few days. It depends on the weather, sleep, stress, diet, etc. I try to not let it stop me from doing anything. I know it is not the debilitating pain that you seem to have. I hope you find some relief. I also used a chiropractor for a while which did seem to help but got a bit expensive. I may go back in the future. Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm so sorry for you!! I have suffered recently from really bad headaches. Lots of tests have been done, and no reason for them, but my head has hurt so bad I would just sit and cry.

Lots of people have been praying for me, and I am starting to feel better. Still good days and bad days.

I'll be praying for you,

suesue

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
I had/have off the charts bad endometriosis. It felt like my inside were all stuck together. I couldn;t sit, stand or twist...or lay down, or walk.....well, you get the idea......I went through lots of years of fertility treatments which only made it worse with the drugs I had to use. Anyway, I had 3 laparoscopies....and just a few years ago I finally had a total hyster. (I was only 34).......that should have stop the pain,but for me, if I am on estrogen, the pain comes back..!!! I have finally started seeing a natural doctor who used "natural drugs" which I haven't had a pain reoccurance with, but we are still waiting to see if they help some of my "menopause problems".....UGH!
Oh, and I am trying to find a doctor who will consider replacing my very arthritic hips, but I am only 36 and no one wants to do it, but they all tell me "your hip sockets shouldn't be grinding bone on bone like they are!" Well, DUH!!:ugh:
Basically, no one really has any idea that I am in some level of pain at all times.....but you know what, I rarely think about it because I have dealt with it for so long I am somehow just use to it!

·
Registered
7,745 Posts
I have increasingly painful arthritis in my knees and left thumb. I come by it honestly -- my mother and maternal grandmother had arthritis in knees, hips, thumbs. I'm waiting for the hips to kick in! Some days it's quite mild, but in some weather or if I overdo, it can be awful. Yesterday I finally made the long delayed Walmart run because the old knees felt ok, but by the time I was ready to check out, I was almost in tears from the pain. "Just make it to the car... just make it to the car...." Pushing against resistance -- like a shopping cart -- is usually a real killer. At the library where I work, I don't push book carts unless absolutely necessary, which is rare. I tell the student assistants that they have to be my feet, especially some days; fortunately, they seem quite willing to do this. It is definitely getting tiresome, but I am not even thinking of knee replacement, yet. But it is doubtless in my future. The up side is that I am increasingly reluctant to go on shopping expeditions which is good for the budget!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, and I am trying to find a doctor who will consider replacing my very arthritic hips, but I am only 36 and no one wants to do it, but they all tell me "your hip sockets shouldn't be grinding bone on bone like they are!" Well, DUH!!:ugh:
I hope you find someone who can help you.
I was told when I reached 35 that I would need one hip replaced but I had to have it done earlier than that due to it broke. Now I'm 42 & have not had any pain with that hip {not that I ever did really} but it's the nerves in my lower back that are killing me :(.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks ladies, normally I don't post things about what I personally go through but I was just having a real BAD day & needed to vent & sometimes it's just nice to know your not the only one who is going through pain. :(

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
aw, hugs. I do, but i havent' been actually diagnosed with anything. I have joint and localised pain in my shoulders, back and leg. Hope you get some relief soon. Great big ol snuggly hugs to you.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
gma, i have the fun chronic pain of fibromyalgia and i've had a few really bad days where breathing seems to be a painful chore so i know how bad days can be. thankfully i don't have a lot of those and pain is usually bearable.
i have noticed that cold and stress make thing worse. i have a heated blanket i use when i'm cold no matter how many layers i have. and my recliner has a massager in it. that helps a little when things are really bad. seems to loosen muscle a little bit.
if things are bad and you need to vent, go ahead and vent. sometimes just venting helps make things better.:hug2:

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks pita, sometimes venting does help. Hope you & everyone else are doing well. :grouphug2 to you all :)

·
Registered
8 Posts

I to suffer from Fibromyalgia, and Arthritis(hands , neck , spine, and sholders), I was diagnosed when I was 29 now I'm 35. 2 years ago I had a severe back injury L4 and L5. Done weeks of PT and seemed to get alittle better, but 8 months ago started to have more problems and was told after a MRI that my last 3 vertabras were fussed together due to Degineration in my spine from Arthritis, and there was nothing that could be done except meds.
I used to take Bextra until they took it off the market, wow did I feel GREAT, it was the only thing that helped. I can not take anti-inflamitory drugs , because I'm allergic to them. So now I take Tylenol Arthritis it helps some days. I have stronger pain meds , but rarely take them. I gotta keep moving, "use it or loose it is what my mom tells me"...LOL. But most days I suck it up cause I have no choice, I have too much to do. I too have alot of trouble sleeping......I'm sorry for all the pain you are going thru and will say prayers for all of you who are suffering.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I live with Chronic back, hip and leg pain. I can't stand going to the doctors. I took Lipitor and it produced, alot of muscle weakness and being the mom that I am, I continued to do and do without paying attention to it.. just thinking I had the flu, well long story short. I am on the road to getting better but it is slow. Very upsetting at times. I do find that if I start to exercise, just small steps, I do feel better. I have an exercise bike and I put the baby gates around me and watch the kids, and try to ride just 5 miles. It seems to keep me sane as well as it starts to loosen up my muscles.
But hang in there and thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I'm sorry you are in so much pain. Due to docor's neglect were you able to sue and get some compensation?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I was a bit of a dumb kid (racing dirt bikes, etc.) so I have multiple healed bone fractures that normally don't bother me too often. I crushed my pelvis when I was 24 and that is what normally keeps my pain threshold high. It isn't so much the bones as the nerves and way the muscles were reconnected etc. If I stay in one position too long it gets tough.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm sorry you are in so much pain. Due to docor's neglect were you able to sue and get some compensation?
No unfortunately I was a minor at the time of this happening to me & my parents were told that we would never find a doctor who would go against a fellow doctor and now as I get older the pain is increasing more & more to where I'm very limited on what I can do:weeping: I even moved to a warmer climate for a year {Phoenix, Az} and loved it except I cannot handle the air conditioning & due to an accident & poor health insurance down there I had to move back home.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I have severe joint pain when there is a lot of dairy in my diet. Please do not think me odd, but I have done enough research in the last little while to question the food we are told is good. I have had several periods in my life when I was in severe pain and told I had arthritis - this included being in a wheelchair for 10 weeks as a young child - I look back now and can relate them to food problems. I have eczema and asthma as well that are problematic with dairy in the diet - just a though for those of you with fibromyalgia or non-diagnosed joint pain. This is not generally accepted by doctors as they do not understand the mechanisms and do not want to deal with liability. Doctors treat symptoms and don't necessarily understand causes.

Amanda (BTW, my Ph. D. is in biochemistry!)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts