Frugal Village Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
I am totally thinking ahead for 2011. I need to be in a better place in my life. I was out of work for most of 2010 and finally got a job in Sept. I get paid every 2 weeks which has been hard for me to adjust to but I know that I can do it.
My ex is unemployed so haven't been receiving c/s.
My plan is to tighten the belt even further, get my ef funded, get some of my debt paid off and just live frugally as I can. I will using my tax return to pay off my car loan which will be a huge help and also some to fund my baby ef.

·
Registered
24 Posts
For 2011 I'm hoping to get all of our debt except for the mortgage paid off or at least down a whole lot! I'm a stay at home mom and I'm hoping to be able to get at least a part time job to help out somewhat. I would like to put whatever I might get paid towards our debt to significantly reduce it. Also want to build an emergency fund and for 2011 I AM going to start a Christmas Fund!!!!! We are so not going to wait until the very last minute and deal with all of the stress that we have dealt with this year!

Also am hoping to add to our stockpile and have our very own garden this year. We can a lot, but we generally buy all of the produce. Figure that we can reduce a lot of money just by having our own garden and cutting out them middle man!

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
i need to pay off the last bit of debt, then it will take 3 years the LDS way, to build the emergency fund back to 10,000.

i need to buy or borrow a digital camera to sell a few things on ebay. this should speed the process up.

i just noticed yesterday that my flannel pajamas are threadbare.

i have been following the debtors anonymous (jerrold mundis) idea of "the vacuum principle" and "nothing tawdry or second-rate". boy, this spiritual principle and the universe seems to be working overtime in my life right now to create prosperity and abundance.
i got rid of the "falling apart" crockpot. a new crockpot was given to me that week. i got rid of the feeble microwave. i bought a new one that cooks twice as fast. i ordered fresh blankets for the ones that had holes in them. $1200 appeared out of nowhere. i won a target gift certificate. i bought a year's worth of suave shampoo and conditioner. i turned the cable off and sold the lenox china.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Yes we are about to get intense about some things. i really need this credit card paid off, its suffocating me it's not a huge balance which almost makes it worse cause i need to knock it out.

with student loans in repayment we have that additional monthly cost, and my sis is uncertainly employed she used to pay some of ds's private school tuition so we need to make up the difference.

plus i thought dh was on board then he shocked me with some well meaning but financially irresponsible behavior. so there's that

·
Registered
432 Posts
My goals are to save up enough to buy a new-to-us vehicle to replace our minivan when it dies (without touching the emergency fund) and to pay down the mortgage by another $8000 (at least.) I would also like to take a nice vacation and a couple of short weekend trips. The vacation may not be do-able this year, but everything else should be if we just stay the course.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
The first set if bills for 2011 were paid today... and so it begins

·
Registered
201 Posts
Oh yeah. Ready to go.
I did pretty good last year with paying off a bunch of bills, and a debt free Christmas. We still have a long way to go, but I am happy with the progress. I want to keep it going. Bring it on!!!

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Going to double up on cc bill this year wan't be able to get it all paid off but should get it down so can finish it in 2012 should get one hospital bill paid so i will put what i have been paying on that one on the other one and try pay it off in 2012.Wishing everone good luck and a Happy New year.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts