Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a REAL problem finishing projects.... I LOVE to start them, then they sit unfinished as I start new ones. Anyone else have this problem? I say we start a challenge for finishing Works In Progress. I have never run a challenge, so I wouldn't know where to start. Suggestions? :)

·
19,119 Posts
Shellie - that would be a great motivator. In the Sewing Club thread we are doing UFO (unfinished objects) for the month of August. Not a challenge, but more a place to post what UFOs we're working on and then pictures when they're complete.

Reactions: Shelli_wnj

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Great idea Shelli! Can it be any type of project? :)

Reactions: Shelli_wnj

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I'm in... I have two large mirrors to remove from a wall so I can finish painting. There were three, got one down but afraid of these two breaking as I remove them. Any ideas on how to remove appreciated.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shellie - that would be a great motivator. In the Sewing Club thread we are doing UFO (unfinished objects) for the month of August. Not a challenge, but more a place to post what UFOs we're working on and then pictures when they're complete.
Great idea! I think it's a perfect way to do this.

Great idea Shelli! Can it be any type of project? :)
I think so!

I'm in... I have two large mirrors to remove from a wall so I can finish painting. There were three, got one down but afraid of these two breaking as I remove them. Any ideas on how to remove appreciated.
I'm glad you decided to join us! I wish I knew, but I am a diy dummy... maybe I should go to that section of the forum more often... LOL

OK, my lists of projects that I want to finish are long, so I will start with the short list. I am in Texas visiting my mom for the next week and only have 3 projects started here, the funny thing is I didn't bring any projects with me. I started all of them while here! So I want to get them done first.
1. Embroidery project - not sure who this is for yet
2. Cross Stitch for my daughter
3. Scarf for my dad
4 - wow, I started 4 projects??!! OK, 4, newest craft is punch hook rugging and I started a mickey mouse for my son. Gonna take a while to finish, but that's the short list.

How 'bout you guys?

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Are the mirrors glued to the wall? If they are take a long flat steel object...like a metal ruler (that is what I have used) and shimmy it between the mirror and the wall. Keep working your way around and it should eventually pop off...but watch it! It could come loose quicker than you think. :)

·
19,119 Posts
We are painting the walls, cupboards and bookcases in my preschool - a long project, much prep work. Three of us worked almost seven hours today - we prepped, primed and painted two bookcase cubbies and three toy shelve units. Still need to do another coat of the paint , but it all looks so fresh and clean!! Home soon to bathe and depaint!!

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
I have a REAL problem finishing projects.... I LOVE to start them, then they sit unfinished as I start new ones. Anyone else have this problem? I say we start a challenge for finishing Works In Progress. I have never run a challenge, so I wouldn't know where to start. Suggestions? :)
I have so many unfinished objects I don't know where to start! Sounds like a great challenge - count me in! :)

·
19,119 Posts
Shelli - I don't know if any of us answered your questions, but, as you can see, you already have lots of people who want to participate. Just ask us to post what WIP we plan on completing in August and posters will touch base during the month with progress, questions or comments. Of course, best of all, are pictures!!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
I too, like LB, have a ton of projects to complete and don't know where to start either! I am definitely in and yes MM..we want to see pictures! :D

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
ill join WIp
for august--iILL FINISH UP 13 yr old knitted quilt, may not be beautiful but warm.
and spary paint and make 12 xmas ornments for my tree

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
I too, like LB, have a ton of projects to complete and don't know where to start either! I am definitely in and yes MM..we want to see pictures! :D
Debbie-cat,

I am SHOCKED you actually have projects not done; I see finished projects all the time in here by you!!!!!!

OH and by the way I AM DEFINATELY IN!!!! If there was a contest about how many unfinished projects, I might win!!!!

·
Registered
960 Posts
I'm joining. I have so many unfinished projects. I did get three minor projects done last week - I repaired three broken things (a toy, a ceramic piece, and a garden statue). Only about 100 left to complete...

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Also along with Debbie's suggestion, criss-cross lots of masking tape against the glass. That way if it should shatter some how it won't fall to pieces at your feet. They do it that way on HGTV, and I always thought it was a great safety tip!

HTHs

Theresa :)

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We are painting the walls, cupboards and bookcases in my preschool - a long project, much prep work. Three of us worked almost seven hours today - we prepped, primed and painted two bookcase cubbies and three toy shelve units. Still need to do another coat of the paint , but it all looks so fresh and clean!! Home soon to bathe and depaint!!
Congrats on your progress! What colors are you using?

I have so many unfinished objects I don't know where to start! Sounds like a great challenge - count me in! :)
Just pick the one closest to being done and dive in!

Shelli - I don't know if any of us answered your questions, but, as you can see, you already have lots of people who want to participate. Just ask us to post what WIP we plan on completing in August and posters will touch base during the month with progress, questions or comments. Of course, best of all, are pictures!!
Yeay!!!! :) Pics, pics, pics! I will post pics of where I am starting as soon as I figure out how.

Thanks for jumping in! :wave: I always love to see your projects.

ill join WIp
for august--iILL FINISH UP 13 yr old knitted quilt, may not be beautiful but warm.
and spary paint and make 12 xmas ornments for my tree
I can't wait to see them, knitted quilts are so pretty.

How would YOU know.......you don't post any!!!

And the scrubbie pictures are where??????????
ROFL

Debbie-cat,

I am SHOCKED you actually have projects not done; I see finished projects all the time in here by you!!!!!!

OH and by the way I AM DEFINATELY IN!!!! If there was a contest about how many unfinished projects, I might win!!!!
Are you sure??? LOL Thanks for joining :)

I'm joining. I have so many unfinished projects. I did get three minor projects done last week - I repaired three broken things (a toy, a ceramic piece, and a garden statue). Only about 100 left to complete...
Congrats! 3 is a great place to start - better than I am doing!

I will post a pic of my needlepoint (so close to done) and my cross-stitch which just needs a name just as soon as I figure out how! :)

Thanks everyone for joining me!!!

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
Ok, first up will be my Lacy Diamond Afghan that I've been trying to finish for the last couple months.....and then I'll dig into the closet for some of my older UFOs.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
My WIP is to get two mirrors off a wall. Well. so far, I have 1/2 of one off.lol It broke in three pieces and two pieces have been removed so far. I so don't want to get cut on glass.(sigh). I'm taking my time and slowly prying it off. It's attached with two strips of really sticky tape running the full length of the mirrors. They are about 2'x6' each. Taking a break for a few before I get back at it. I'll be so glad to get them off so I can finish painting.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Before I could finish trying yo remove rest of mirror I heard a big crash. Yep... the last piece fell but it didn't break.(whew). I had taped it with 4'' tape so I guess that's why.

One more mirror to go...

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a few things that I need to finish myself. I'm gonna finish a small project today (or that's the goal) and then work up to the bigger items. When it comes to knitting, I get frusterated with an object I'm working on and then give up or just work on something easier. But I will join as well :) Good luck to all!!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts