Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to plan ahead in hopes I can sell some small ceramic sculptures. It was suggested I try Etsy. Has anyone used Etsy. What are the pro and cons.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I tried selling stuff there for about a year...didn't sell much. You pretty much have to eat, breathe and sleep Etsy to get anywhere with it (IMHO)...same with anywhere else online.

I'm on Artfire right now because it is free (almost) still not selling anything.

Waaay too many people online selling stuff. You really have to spend time to market your wares.

Lee

·
2,688 Posts
Hi. I have not listed anything there yet.
I am registered so I guess that's a good thing.

I just found this page over there on hints for selling.
Etsy :: How To Sell on Etsy

Below is a copy and paste from their site. Looks good to me.

List your items. It costs 20 cents to list an item for four months. When your item sells, you’ll pay a 3.5% transaction fee. Read all about Etsy's fees for more information. Etsy makes it easy to pay your bill each month with a single click.

Reactions: mauimagic

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
after i closed my ebay store i used etsy to sell some vintage patterns and craft kits i had leftover .

thing is money is tight everywhere and even busier places like ebay with items that always sold well arent getting the same sales as 5-10 years ago because not as many poeple have the extra $$ to buy

i would research what you have to sell to see if theres a market .

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
I haven't sold anything but bought alot! Good luck! :)

·
19,119 Posts
So it's possible, just need to work at it - like everything else. Good time to find our niche and go for it!!

·
2,688 Posts
A niche is a good thing :) Anything is possible, just sometimes it takes awhile to figure it all out. And the economy is rough right now, so that does make things harder.

DEB....what did you buy there ?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I listed a few items on there last year. Took them almost 8 months to sell. I guess it depends on what your selling.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Good luck with it.

I have looked on there quite a bit but never bought or sold. The items I looked at seemed a lot higher.....but then I am a crafter and want bargains. They have some really cute things though.

Remember the economy........everything is slow now....no $.

·
Registered
60 Posts
i've been selling on etsy for over 3.5 years now and i LOVE it! it IS difficult in the beginning to get regular sales, but persistence and concentrating on a specific niche has paid off very well for me. of course once people saw how quickly my tween line was selling many more have 'jumped on board' so to speak. ;) but i still do very well despite all my 'admiring' competition. not sure i'm allowed to post any links, but my business name is vmdesigns (VM Designs).....you can search it out if you're interested at all. :)

ETA: just wanted to add that i've been a faithful lurker on this site for 4 years now, so not new, just don't always have time to fully participate in discussion. i just couldn't pass up this subject because it's such a big part of my life right now. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.