Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started taking it on Monday.It seems to give me tons of energy.I need it,see my kids ages in my signature.If you have used it were you succesful with loosing weight?I need to loose about 40 lbs.I have lost all my baby weight from ds(weighed 305 when I had him now weigh 165,I am 5'2'')Anyways I gained quite a bit of weight when I was pg before (in the middle of ds and dd)and ended up having a miscarraige due to a molar pregnancy(quick weight gain is the first sign of this-i gained almost 25lbs in 2mo.)Plus gained some more after the miscarraige,so I am ready to get this off.Any advice.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
All I gotta say is be very careful with the stuff! Metabolife contains Ephedra, which has been known to cause strokes and even death. Personally, I'd rather be overwight and alive than take those risks. Go to your favorite web search engine and do some research- it can be pretty scary stuff.

Laura

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually I looked into your warning,my mom is alergic to it,but I have never had a problem with it.And I am proud to say I have lost 12lbs!!!only 28 to go.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Congrats on your loss! Best of luck with the next 28 :eek:)

Laura

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
BE VERY CAREFUL...is my advice to you..... You will lose alot of weight on it, but you have to keep taking it or as soon as you stop taking it you will gain all the weight back.... I took it last year and it effected me so bad I almost was hospitalized....it gave me stomach cramps so bad, I thought I was dying..it effected my mood and gave me panic attacks.... I know medicines effect people different ways, but that stuff is dangerous..... the stuff that they put in them pills is bad for your body..... the doctor told me that it could also cause liver problems later on in life....I'm not trying to tell you what to do...I just don't want the same thing that happened to me, happen to someone else......I know its hard to quit taking something when you are getting results...but eating right and excerizing might take longer, but in the end its a whole lot better!!!

Just my thoughts!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,

Well, heres my 2 cents worth on the subject................

I was a petite 103 lbs. before getting pregnant and having my first child in 1994.......gained 50 lbs. with him!

Never lost that weight completely, and got pregnant again and had daughter in 1996 after gaining 47 lbs with her!

Both were big babies for my original size, weighing in at around 8.0lbs.

Having said all that, I was so depressed with my weight for my size, having never been overweight in my life...I wanted to do something about it.

I worked out a gym for over a year, didn't work!
I tried special diets, didn't work!

I got depressed, and my love life (s-x) and family life started to suffer because of it!

Finally, I kept hearing on the radio from this one DJ every day about how great Metabolife was, and that it worked. And that the radio DJ was going to be at a mall near me advertising it and it would be discounted that day only . So, hubby and I packed up the kids and went to the mall and purchased some for me.

I started it right away after reading over the brochure and bottle. Within 2 days I noticed a difference in my energy, and I was happier. Within 1 month I noticed a difference in my weight, and (my s-x life came back too!!!
I only took it for about four months.

That was all four years ago, I lost all I needed to, stopped taking it regularly and I have not gained it back!!!!
I occasionally take it here and there for energy and to curb my appetite.

THERE ARE WARNINGS:
IF YOU ARE PREGNANT OR NURSING IT IS NOT FOR YOU.
IF YOU HAVE HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE IT IS NOT FOR YOU.
IF YOU EXPERIENCE RAPPID HEART BEATS, DIZZINESS, SEVERE HEADACHE, SHORTNESS OF BREATH, OR OTHER SIMILAR SYMPTOMS...........DISCONTINUE AND CONTACT YOUR PHYSICIAN!

There you have it, you be your own judge. My husband couldn't take it, but I could. Hope that helps someone.

Starla:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts