Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so as many know I have put in a resume, and was contacted back about it. That was about a week ago. I am super excited about this job and would love to "land it" so to speak.

I don't wanna say it out loud (or type) for fear of jinxing it.

It's at home call center work. Which I have done in the past.

Because of the length of time since I was last contacted for more information, I have already sent an email (a few days ago) saying something along the lines that I was confiming the additional information was received and that if there are any other questions I am happy to answer them. No response from that.

Other people I know who applied for the same position haven't heard anything either, and the consesnus there is that they were probably swamped with apps and just trying to get through them all. Since it's not just me, I am not as worried about my chances..yet.

However, the worrier in me is thinking, what if they ddn't get the info I sent them, and are waiting or worse yet skipping me altogether because they don't wanna wait. It's not like they have no one else to choose from.

So I have a few ideas. I could either call and smply ask...something along the lines of confirming that they got my information and letting them know if they have any more questions, I am available. Or I could fax direct to the person who contacted me and say nearly the same thing that way.

Or, I could chill out.

Last thing i want is to come across as desperate or pushy, ya know?

What is your take on it?

T

·
0 Posts
I might wait another 2-3 days. I know how you feel though - I did a phone screen on Monday, and Monday afternoon got an email to set up an interview, they asked what days/times would be good for me. I'm still waiting for them to get back to me to set up the interview - so I don't want to be overly pushy, either. I figured I'd wait 3 days then email, and if I don't hear anything give them another 3 days and call.

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
I would call. If they are deciding who are the "keepers," the ones who call are going to get consideration. You have a perfect excuse of checking into the paperwork, then you can drop how you are really excited about the prospect of working for them, and are wondering when they might be making their final selection.

I have posted before that the first job that I REALLY wanted, I got because I called every day to check to see if they had made a decision. My soon-to-be boss hired me, and later admitted that the deciding factor was my eagerness to work for him. (And that he would have to tell me that I WASN'T hired, if he picked someone else. :D)

·
Registered
379 Posts
Call now. You can believe that others have done the same thing.
If you really want the job...pursue it.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I called and left a message. Hope that I sounded ok.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts