Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone want to share some of their tried-and-true OAMC recipes? I've been on some websites and found some recipes but would really like to have some that have been actually tried and liked! Any recipes but ones with rice would be greatly appreciated, dh hates rice so not much use in fixing anything with rice in it because he won't eat it, I won't tell you what he thinks rice looks like because you may never eat rice again, lol. Thanks!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Yes! Anyone out there have good simple OAMC? I could use some too. My imagination has been low, lately, for cooking...

:) Lucie

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I have quite a few so if you pm me you e-mail addy's I will compile them that way for you. :D

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Do we have a place to post them on the village Elisse? I would like them too, and it looks like Lucie is interested too!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Uh, I dunno. DO you thing I should post them in the OMAC thread? Or maybe we can get a whole new section going on it.

whichever way ya'll wanna do it is fine with me. Give me a couple days to get the together

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Thanks Elise!:) But I wouldn't want that sharing your OAMC recipes would give you too much trouble...Please tell us, ok? :) I have a recipe to make bbq sauce which I cook with chicken. I was thinking of making tons of drumsticks and freezing those...Anyone interested?....in the recipe, that is. :D

Lucie

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lucie, I'd like the recipe! Sounds yum!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Here is the bbq sauce I use to cook my chiken legs or chicken drumsticks. You can also use it with pork chops or ribs.

This recipe is from the La Leche League Cookbook. To make some for more than one meal, double or triple the recipe.

1 cup of tomato sauce
1/4 cup of water
2 table spoons of butter
1/4 cup of lemon juice
2 or 3 tablespoon of chopped finely onions
1 or 2 tablespoons of honey(can use sugar also)
3 drops of Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 teaspoon of salt(or less)
pinch of ground pepper
1 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
2 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of cinamon powder
1/2 teaspoon of allspice powder

Mix all together in saucepan. Cook on low heat until all is well blended.

This sauce seems to be spicey, but it isn't that bad, especially when added to cook the chicken.

Then I add this sauce to a deep pan full of chicken drumsticks and cook like I would my drumsticks--325 * for about 1 hour.

I add a little extra honey, when I do it. I like it sweet!:chef:

I hope you like it! It seems long with the ingredients, but it is very quick to make.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I would love to see some OAMC recipes as well. I hope you post some Ellise!

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
She posted some on another thread, they look great.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I have many many more just thought I'd post a few of the easier ones first.

If you have anything in particular you are looking for just let me know and I'll see if I have it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts