Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we didn't watch the first season, but i wish we had! it's very realistic & frankly a little scarry!! when i think about dealing with a disaster, i think about food/water/shelter/etc. , right? but i've never really thought about the security part. this show brought up that point. when people get desperate they can get violent. i really dont like guns, but i do want to be prepared to take care of my family. makes you think, huh???....

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'm a newbie also with "The Colony". Unfortunately my kids and I are right now watching Season 1 and can't wait to view Season 2. But the same type of issues you're talking about applies to both seasons. It does make you stop and think "what if". Honestly I don't know if I could survive something like that.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
This is one of my son's favorite shows.

He faithfully watched the first season and with excitement anticipated the second season. He even wrote the date of the season premiere on the calendar.

He loves the inventions/builds they do.

It seems to me that season 1 focused more on this while season 2 seems to be a bit more about dealing with people, at least so far but it is still early in the season. Season too also deals with the biological (virus) aspect of the experiment.

We are enjoying both seasons.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
I loved the fist one but I will say that the one thing that bugged me was that the person's selected where too ideal. There was a doctor, a scientist and so. All just the people who you want to be stuck with. I think it would be more realistic if it were a more random group of people.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
I loved the fist one but I will say that the one thing that bugged me was that the person's selected where too ideal. There was a doctor, a scientist and so. All just the people who you want to be stuck with. I think it would be more realistic if it were a more random group of people.
The second season seems to be a bit more diverse in my opinion.

It also seems to be a bit less structured, in a little less guidance on what to do each week. It seemed to me that that first season they were told each week what to work on ( food, security, etc each week) it at least appears that this might not be the case the second season.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
We're watching this season and watched the first one too. Security should have been their first priority. You can have the biggest stockpile in the world, but if you don't have security, when the shtf, it'll all get taken away.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Watching this season too. Didn't watch season 1 but would like to. It is ironic that I just started watching and lo and behold a natural disaster happens the next day in our town. We have been hit with heavy flooding and I have helped many people and have seen first hand what happens when people are in this type of situation. Different yes but similar in ways too. I have been an avid reader of disaster preparedness and it was easy for me to help others think of things that might not have been thought of to take. Important papers pictures clothes meds etc. Helped my sisters family with this and she was like oh yeah I didn't think of that. Glad I watch and can get other ideas in case if something like this ever happens. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
okay, the windmill they built was awesome!!! i wonder if they had any outside help for the show staff. i know they're not supposed to, but i'm curious. how great to be that self sufficient!! and how creative!! i find that show to be soooo inspiring!

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I've watched the colony and yes you do need to think about security in a disaster. We have a gun but I'm a terrible shot! Glad the guys can shoot better than I. It does make you think!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts