Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do - and I am teaching the Boys - Aimee knows how to change a tire. And change and gap a sparkplug. I am going to teach her how to change oil and check fluids this spring. When they get cars we are buying older ones that they actually need to work on cuz it is a dying art. Aimee wants a jeep. Ryan wants an old Camaro and I already have an OLDDDDDDDDDDDD Anglia for Damon.

When I was in high school I wanted to open a tune up shop staffed totally by girls in denim mini skirts who were so competent it would make most guys cry - but alas I could only find one girl who could pull and port a head like me... :(

I think the general concensus was "Ewwww" :yucky:  Funny, most Guys I meet Now are like that.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I love that idea.... But me in a mini now ....LOL not to pretty.... But I'm working that too!:curtain:

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
I don't work on cars, but I worked as a service advisor at a Ford dealership. :toothy:

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats a cool job sara - Thats what the Kids Daddy does for Buick and formerly for Ford, and Chebby - oh I mean Chevy - Denver"s gotten to me!! LOL

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I wish I knew anything about cars. I am gonna have to tell Matthew that I want to learn. I literally know where to put the gas.....I have only pumped gas once in my entire life, I go to a full service station!!! I do not even have the first clue how to air up a tire let alone change one.........:eek: Wow, that is really pathetic!!!! As for the oil, I know it is under the hood, but that is it........:D

I need some serious help..........;)

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Not any more. Dh gets to bust his knuckles!

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
DH works on all our cars, plus works on cars for a pro Rally team. Not my territory, but I ask a lot of questions and he speaks "car" to me often. I like to know what's going on, but don't want to work on them myself.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I don't have the first clue about anything under the hood!! I can put gas in the car and keep the interior clean, but that's it!!! That's why I have AAA incase I'm on the road and anything happens!!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
DH loves to, for both maintenance and restorations. We have a 49 Jeep Willies out back that we are totally enamoured with. However i don't know a thing about anything when it comes to cars and though I have tried to learn, info comes in and falls right out of my head.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I can change a tire & change the oil on a car and that's about it. I do know however that you don't add water to a hot radiator or you will crack the head. I can run our backhoe as well as hubby and will grease it when it's needed if he is not around. Hubby taught me to run backhoe just in case of emergency and I have had to remove fallen trees that have blocked our drive several times when he wasn't around. I can't stand the thought of being trapped with no way out! He and I also work together on the property and I push unwanted trees over, he cuts them up, and then I move them to the back of the property until he can cut them up for firewood. I love the idea that I can help him!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts