Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I moved my sewing desk and all my material back into my little room and I'm finally able to now get back to quilting. I also plan on ordering the quilting frame this coming week.

I'm now working on making a few baby quilts for charity, along with starting the blocks for the Biblical Block quilt.

What is everyone else working on or have you put aside your quilting for summer work outside?

·
Registered
948 Posts
I was working on a log cabin quilt before my ds was born in Jan. Haven't had the time to get back to it, and I'm afraid I probably won't until Fall/Winter!

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
I haven't done much of anything as far as quilting lately but do want to get back to finishing the tutorial with the next couple of weeks.

Can't wait to see how you are progressing on the Biblical quilt!:smball:

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I have been doing more of the blocks from the tutorial, so that when the tutorial is done i might have a larger quilt once it is all done. :)

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Melissa, good for you.

I'll try to get another block tutorial up this week. I need to get cracking and get more tutorials done. Just have to pick up some films.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I haven't done any sewing since I sent in pictures of the quilt top I was making for my BIL & fiance. Since we started looking for a new house I have been preoccuped with that. I think we have found the house we are going to move into so maybe once that is over I can get busy. No I want have the quilt done for their wedding, but Christmas will be here before you know it.
Jeanna

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
I got distracted but am going to work on a jar block starting Monday. (need other colors for it) It is a gift for someone's quilt that is being made by friends of hers. Everyone is sending a block. I need green fabric. After I do that one I will do the one for our sampler! :)

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I broke my sewing machine needle, so I hadn't been doing any sewing for a while. I've fixed it since then, but I am so busy right now and don't have much time :(

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob
1,471 Posts
I have been to busy to actually quilt, but I am making and selling patchwork clothing so I am doing tons of patchwork. Mainly just 4" squares, but I am getting lots of 1/4 inch practice. I am currently trying to learn to be more accurate while doing the patchwork on my serger. All the clothing I make has to have the seams done on the serger to be more professional.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts