Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we were sitting outside waiting for dinner to cook and 2 wild turkeys went wandering through the little section of woods between us and the neighbors and back into the woods behind the house. just a walking along not caring at all about the nutty dog barking at the other neighbors lol.

we've had skunks, coyotes, and a woodchuck wander through as well over the last 2 years.

so what's wandered through your yard lately?

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
As a matter of fact, a HUGE rat must have taken a little mosey in my yard last night, because the dog left his dead body on the porch this morning. She brings us presents from time to time!

I get skunks all the time, that goodness the dog hasn't gotten skunked!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Skunks, squirrels, neighbor dogs (that is a great big pet peeve of mine), neighbor cats. We had a sick raccoon come in our yard in the daytime, and it attacked our golden retriever/ red heeler mix. We lost our dog because the raccoon was tested positive for rabies. that was a year and a half ago, still hurts. what else comes in our yard..birds, there was ahuge bird in our yard once, I think it may have been a hawk, it had something pinned under its feet and it was tearing at it. i didn't wanna watch, lol i am queesy about that kind of thing. garden snakes we have sometimes too.

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Well,our neighbor got a new dog and he thinks he belongs to us!!
That dog stays in our yard.Even if he does go home,he comes over to potty in MY YARD!! (dh stepped in doggy poo today LOL)
Our own dog doesn't do his business in our yard (I guess he goes next door for that LMAO).

We also get alot of birds,dove, squirrels,stray cats,snakes,deer and coyotes!

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Other than the stray cats, we have 2 squirrels that wonder through our yard all the time. Not only that, they climb the huge maple tree by our kitchen window and "peek" in. Its hilarious to watch them watch us!!!

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh i forgot about our garter snake. hardly saw him last summer, but the silly thing has been sunning himself on our front porch this year. thankfully the dog hasn't spotted him. i'm not keen on snakes, but he's a harmless one so why hurt him.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
We have a baby fox living in an old ground hog hole in the field, he was watching dh mow grass and watches me walk to the mailbox. And we have skunks, squirrels, rabbits, tons of deer, raccoons, a great blue heron, tons of birds, an opposum, a chipmunk last summer(had to help him escape from the cat), a stray cat, and a black snake. Oh, and Ralphie the ground hog. And a pair of hawks, not sure what kind they are. You'd never know we are only 10 minutes from town.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
We live in a rural area so we have lots of wildlife meandering through our yard. Raccoons, possums, rabbits, squirrels, an occasional snake and more birds than I can count. I love to look out in the back yard and see a baby animal walking around the yard. I looked out last week and saw 2 baby cottontails hopping around the yard.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
squirrels, skunks, racoons and oppossum.......
Deer, nearby but not in my fenced yard....

·
27,948 Posts
We get all kinds of wildlife here too. Not like I never told you that, lol.
Few weeks ago a fox came walking up the driveway towards our house like he was coming home. la la la :note:

Enjoy the giant turtles too in the spring as they cross our driveway to get to the creek.:turtle:

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Last year my neighbor had long horn cow and a mule that would get out and stroll this section of town. They moved a few months back, so we're back down to squirrels, racoons, opossom and skunk.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Lots of squirrels, although the barn cats are beginning to thin them out. Tons of birds, including several families of cranes that live in the trees across the road from us. Dh and I saw a deer crossing the road onto our property on Monday night! We also frequently see wild turkeys across the field from us.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
We have a momma and pappa racoon that come down for snacks twice a day and the occassional possum. We've also had a deer or two over the winter when food was scarce.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
We have tons of cats, families of skunks and opossums. The skunks are hysterical when they bring the babies, they fight something fierce over the cat food! :laugh:

We also have lots of cardinals and bluejays. The bluejays come and steal the cat food too! :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
We have so many chipmunks, it's not funny anymore. We also have a rabbit, squirrels, frogs, turtles and a skunk.

We used to have wild turkeys. I miss them, they were fun to watch.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I forgot, I found a huge toad in our yard just the other night. I showed him to ds (5 months), who was not interested at all!

·
Registered
260 Posts
We have two really cute chipmunks,lots of finches,a cardinal family,and every cat for a five mile radius(one "fell in love and married" our cat so now there are kittens too. We have had skunks a deer,snakes, and this silly huge cricket that thinks hes a pet! He comes to the door and sneaks in then goes to the door and jumps at it to get out.!!!!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
We have birds, squirrels, neighbors cats and dogs (along with our own). We live in town, but we have gotten a raccoon before and their are coyetes right up in the fields behind our home. Now at my parent's place at the lake we have deer, bears, moose, mountain lions, birds, snakes, turtles, neighbor's dogs and cats, etc.! I love it there!

·
Registered
38 Posts
We have squirrils, chipminks, and of course loads of birds. We have a lot of woods around us so we don't get to see too many of the animals that are there. We have cyotes, deer, moose, bear, and of course plenty of skunks and raccoons. A squirril was just killed on the road today by a car. My dh who used to love to hunt felt so bad about the squirril. Don't know why they have to cross the road? We have a lot of pheasant and wild turkeys all over. I have never seen a bear but have heard them. Nothing will give you goosebumps more than hearing a cub in the middle of the night crying for its momma.

Renie

1 - 20 of 22 Posts