Can you help me find or make a recipe? I want to use a cornbread mix, a can of apple pie filling, and bacon to make a skillet bread. I envision popping the skillet into the oven, and then cutting slices of piping hot fresh bread.
1) cook your bacon, remove from pan~drain grease
2) add apple pie filling and warm.
3) mix up the cornbread, and spoon over apple pie filling.
4) crumble bacon up..and sprinkle over cornbread
5) bake in oven, and when you remove it, flip it upside down like you would pineapple upsidedown cake.
A forum community dedicated to the frugal lifestyle and the enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about simple and green living, cost effective tips, life hacks, debt reduction, recycling, gardening, other homesteading techniques, and more!