1 unbaked pie shell
*****TOPPING*****
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup cold butter​
Serves:
8​
Directions:
In a bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients; spoon into pie shell.

Topping: Combine sugar and flour; cut butter in until mixture resembles crumbles. Sprinkle over pie.

Bake at 400º for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 375º; bake for 40-45 minutes or until topping is browned and apples are tender.

Cover crust edges with foil during the last 15 minutes if needed. Cool completely before cutting.​

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
thanks for bumping it, I went looking for it, couuldn't find it.............I'll be making it right now!!!

Reactions: nancycg56

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
it looks great, smells amazing....and though it took me awhile (had to make a crust, prep the apples......) it was not difficult to make.

Thanks! I'll report back on the "yumminess"

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
This sounds delicious and perfect for Lauren who loves apple pie but doesn't really like the crust :lip:

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
it Looks Great, Smells Amazing....and Though It Took Me Awhile (had To Make A Crust, Prep The Apples......) It Was Not Difficult To Make.

Thanks! I'll Report Back On The "yumminess"
Folks, You Have Got To Try This Recipe.....it Rocks!!!!

So Delish!!!

Thanks For Sharing It Nancy!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
ok, so I had to come back to this thread again and say AGAIN how yummy this pie is. My apple trees are beginning to slow down (finally!)...and I have been very busy in the kitchen. I made this pie last week, and after we ate the whole thing...my hubby asked me to make it again! So..I made another one.......it is so good! I cannot get over it! So, I'm a dork, and took a picture of myself with the pie...thought I'd share it with you all!

(wow, I look sooooo old!! when did that happen?) :)

Nancy~I am soooo "repping" you for sharing this recipe (I'm add to your reputation)

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok, so I had to come back to this thread again and say AGAIN how yummy this pie is. My apple trees are beginning to slow down (finally!)...and I have been very busy in the kitchen. I made this pie last week, and after we ate the whole thing...my hubby asked me to make it again! So..I made another one.......it is so good! I cannot get over it! So, I'm a dork, and took a picture of myself with the pie...thought I'd share it with you all!

(wow, I look sooooo old!! when did that happen?) :)

Nancy~I am soooo "repping" you for sharing this recipe (I'm add to your reputation)
I LOVE the picture!!!!! People think I'm so weird because I always take pictures of food ~ even in restaurants, LOL!

It'll be awhile before we have any good apples here but I am looking forward to this pie.

Thanks again for posting the picture :)

·
Registered
566 Posts
This was pie was so yummy. Thanks for the recipe.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
What variety of apples did you use? Also, Intlmom, can you share your pie crust recipe?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Personally, I like to use an apple that will hold it's shape some so I use Granny Smith's or Golden Delicious. Sometimes I use several different kinds in the same pie ~ it just depends on what I have. Macintosh are good but they will cook down so I sometimes throw in one or two with the rest of the apples.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts