Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got myself an Apple Ipod Touch. I was thinking it shouldn't be too hard to figure out. Well I was able to get ITunes downloaded and an Apple ID made, but cannot get an Itunes account set up. It keeps giving me an error message. Anyone have the same problem or should I just take it back?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We could not complete your Itunes store request. An unknown error occcured. (-1202). There was an error in the itunes store. Please try again later.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Is it possible it is just an overloaded site - with all the kids off for Christmas, etc???

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Your error message sounds like this error message: "the server is busy, please try again later"

Its very possible everyone's online now b/c of the holidays and they're updating or downloading new stuff to their itunes b/c its a new toy (gift), they got gifted an itunes card or they're prepping for travel. Refresh a few times and try again later to see if its still as busy. Think of off peak hours as well...ie when most people are eating dinner, going to bed etc.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Have you tried the usual:
Close the program, reopen, retry.
If you haven't rebooted after installing, reboot.
Turn off Ping in the Preferences.

Check Apple's support forums.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
If you google that error message you will find lots of information on it. It appears to be a Vista issue. There are several forums that will walk you through the process of how to fix it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
DD has an iPod touch. It sounds like this problem is NOT with the device itself. If you cannot figure it out, I'd contact iTunes support.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Go to iTunes on the computer and download it there. Create the account online. Then, you can delete iTunes from your iPod Touch and redownload it afterwards. Once you do that, you'll be able to access the Store with your user name and ID. If you still receive the error, it's probably overflow due to the holidays.

·
Registered
1 Posts
apple ipod touch support

I was thinking it shouldn't be too hard to figure out. Well I was able to get ITunes downloaded and an Apple ID made, but cannot get an Itunes account set up. It keeps giving me an error message. It looks like it is a Vista issue. There are many forums that will walk you through the process of how to fix it.

------------------------

1 - 10 of 10 Posts