Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have all this applesauce that I made and froze. I lost my muffin recipe and couldn't find one on here so I googled it. I came up with one almost like my recipe and decided to try it. I mixed th wet ingredients and then the dry ingredients. When I went to put them together I realized there was no flour in the recipe. The batter was too runny without it so I just started adding. They seem to be raising ok. Now if they just taste good. Guess I'll have to be sure and check for all the ingredients before I start the next time.

·
2,688 Posts
How did your muffins turn out ?
Good enough to repeat the recipe ?

·
2,688 Posts
What was the toffee bar for ...flavoring ?

I been on a muffin kick lately. First batch I used cherry pie filling for the fruit. Next batch few days later, was some canned pineapple. Latest batch on table now is banana with walnuts. I had 2 very ripe bananas I needed to do something with. Next batch I make, is going to use up 4 small, past their prime fresh apples.
I wanted to make some blueberry ones, but all the frozen ones that were picked last summer, are already gone.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It was...That toffee bar is just laying there...thing. ( We got these long toffee bars that are divided into triangular pieces and there were half a dozen left.) But it did add a light chocolate buttery flavor to the muffins. i make mini muffins for my dh to take to work. I usually leave them plain but I put some cream cheese icing on a few. He sat and ate 8 of them. All my blueberries are gone also. Just blackberries left. Something else that's good but they don'tmake good mini muffins is shredded carrots,raisens, coconut and crushed pineapple. Like a carrot cake.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I bet that they were moist with the applesauce huh?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts