Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you cover your appliances? Growing up, ours were always covered. Mine are now in a glass doored cabinet, so aren't covered.

·
27,948 Posts
No, never. Where would the dust go?:confused:
These are on my counter ~ toaster oven, MW,coffee grinder,coffee maker & kitchen-aid mixer. The rest are on shelves in a closet.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
karlisangel said:
No, but my mom always did. I would like to be able to just have all of mine off the counter tops and into a cupboard
I'm with you.... having enough cupboard space to have clear counter tops is high on my list for my dreamhouse!

The only appliance cover I have it a handmade bunny, which I bought because she's perfect with all the other bunnies that seem to be taking over my house. I don't think you'd know she was an appliance cover if I didn't tell you. She sits on a high shelf in my kitchen covering the seldom-used electric can opener.

·
27,948 Posts
Those bottle covers are just "spiffy". :D

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Nope mine aren't and I broke the cycle. :toothy: I remember my great granny and my grandmother covering theres and to this day, my mom still covers hers. Not me, just one more thing to get dirty and have to wash.

I do wish though I had a place in my cupboard to put the few appliances I have out of site.

·
27,948 Posts
TP Dolls. My grandma had one just like that.:D

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I have a great closet in my kitchen to hide most appliances. The only thing I have out is coffee pot an microwave.

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
I try to keep most of my appliances in the laundry room on the shelf. (I have NO cabinets in the kitchen- well not enough anyway) The only thing I keep covered is the dehydrator. (its in a walmart baggie!)

·
Registered
601 Posts
My mom kept ours covered when I was a child, with matching covers, of course... mine just sit out on a counter top, wish i had another place to put them......but oh well

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Only appliance out on the counter is the toaster and yes it is covered! :D

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
nope, we don't cover ours. i wish we did though. lets see, do they make a cover for the foreman grill??;) ;)
also, i would really like one of those dishsoap bottle dresses. anyone know where i can get one??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts