Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a washer at Lowes but I am appliance stupid. So I hope someone can help me. Is a 2.5 super capacity a regular sized washer? It has a heavy duty cycle as well as the normal ones. The heaviest I have to wash are a pair of coveralls that dh wears to work. The rest are just normal everyday clothes. Anyhelp would be great. Oh its only $248.00

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I have a Whirlpool super capacity washer, and the "biggest" load I put into it is my bedding. At one time I can fit, 2 twin sheets, 2 pillow cases, & 2 twin comforters.

I kind of think of it as "regular" size. But if I go to the laudry mat, their regular size washers are about half the size of mine.

I got mine at Lowe's too and in the similiar price range (I think we paid about $230 for it...on sale), and I really like it. DH is a construction worker, and I have 2 boys, so I wash ALOT of really soiled, dirty clothes, and this one works great.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
The one thing I would recommend with appliances is not to buy the absolutely bottom of the line cheapest model. Get one that meets your needs and do some consumor research on comparable models.
You can go to your library and look up which copy of Consumer Reports is rating washers and use that as a guide.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I think we probably will get this one

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
I have to recommend the warranty too. We bought the 5yr extended warranty on our (nearly top of the line) washer & dryer when we bought them 2 yrs ago. Recently, we had to have work done on it that, without the warranty, would have cost us $350! That's more than the warranty cost! Plus, the warranty covers yearly maintenance like cleaning & such.

·
Registered
244 Posts
We keep a tight eye on Lowe's they will offer their discontinue models at a discount and let me tell you I will pull an employee aside and make an offer on the already mark down price. I have yet to walk away without getting it at the price I want. When we sold our other house I knew want I wanted to get for my $$$. I walked in lowes as ask them to give me a 10 percent discount or I would go to Home Depot at first the guy said I can't give you a discount but I will help you...I flat told him that him helping me depended on him and proceeded to tell him I was going to be dropping 2-3 thousand and I wanted a discount or I would go to their competetor; it worked he called his mananger and I got the discount (yeah it was that time of the month and I was in no mood to be reckon with either:ponder:). Our fridge is a stainless steel sidebyside frigdaire reg price 1799.00 because it had a new compressor put on it they had it marked down; well I walked out of there with the fridge with a 5 yr warranty and a 75 dollar gf. for 800.00 no kidding. Make them work with you and get a good brand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts