Frugal Village Forums banner

April 2 2009...thrifty Thursday

1K views 14 replies 15 participants last post by  Nana2two 
#1 ·
What do you have going on today?

Still fighting this cold, but I think I'm feeling better. Just a bit more tired than usual because I couldn't sleep due to my nose being all stuffed up.

I need to play "catch up" with all the cleaning that's been skipped this past week while I've been sick.

I may venture out to the library to pick up a book that's waiting for me.

Hope you all have a great thrifty Thursday :)

#3 ·
I'll be cleaning here too. Laundry needs to get done and so do some dishes!

It's garbage day, so I need to get that out to the curb as well. Other than that, I think I'll be playing it by ear today! I need to sit down and get my April goals thought out and down on paper, so I have something tangible to work towards!

#4 ·
I love Thursdays, because that means I am done with my work for the week......well, the work I get paid for anyway.

Today is my grocery day.:yucky: I hate shopping, esp. grocery shopping.

So far I have:
-kids off to school
-coffee and fv
-had breakfast
-folded a load of laundry, put another load in the washer
-put breakfast dishes in dishwasher

Plan to do today:
-well, as I was typing this, the office called and one of my patients just got home from the hospital, so I will run out to her house and set up her meds this morning. Then I will.....
-take ds to orthodontist
-go to Aldis while DS is at ortho appt
-pay bills
-balance checkbook
-do normal cleaning of the house
-cook supper
-read/relax

#5 ·
Good morning!

This is my 1st official whole day on FV and am loving it!! Got up this morning and couldn't wait to log on!

Will be working until 3:30 and tonight I am going to see how much change I can scrounge up for my change jar!

Also going to clean out my closet and add things to the stuff that I am getting ready for a garage sale that DD and I are having next month.

Have a great day!
Lynn

NEO Challenge for April: 0/30

Change Jar Challenge: $7.60

#15 ·
Good morning!

This is my 1st official whole day on FV and am loving it!! Got up this morning and couldn't wait to log on

Oh welcome cant wait here some of your goals.. Hugs and welcome to a great group.

#6 ·
DH up and off to work.
Baked banana nut biscuits
Getting DS up now to get him headed to work as well

Still need to:
Dust
trash patrol (have to wait for rain to stop befor picking up stuff that has blown into the yard)
clean the master bedroom
Clean the bathrooms
laundry
return library books
write a letter to my dad
get birthday cards in the mail for several family members

#7 ·
Today is my day off and payday so I will be sqeezing out every penny I can at the grocery stores. I'm hitting up my Amish store and Dollar General Market first, gotta start with the cheapest. Then I'm meeting my fiancee for lunch at 2:00. I have to drive 35 miles to the next town to go to Aldi, WM, and Giant Eagle, so I will be gone most of the afternoon.I might have time to stop at the Goodwill and look for a pair of jeans for work, if not I will do that Monday on my next day off.

Cat

#8 ·
It's a gorgeous sunny day! I've opened all the blinds to let the sun shine in while we've got it :) My plans today include:
~helping the boys clean their rooms
~emptying hampers
~starting laundry
~take something out for dinner
~pick up the girls from school
~take the boys to Lego club
~make dinner
~go to knit night

#9 ·
Today I've already ....
- Made breakfast/cleaned up afterwards
- Got DH off to work/ DS off to school
- Fed the furry children
- Put some lined dried t shirts from yesterday in the dryer on air dry to soften them for about 15 minutes.

I still need to ....
- Check the garden
- Do some more re-organizing in the "Everything" room
- Read a little
- Plan next weeks menu and see if I need anything from the grocery store tomorrow while I'm out.

That is it, I think. It's pretty much a free for all day so I'm just going to see what else pops up or what I find myself getting into later on.

Have a great day everyone!

#11 ·
Well I worked 8-1 came home and did a load of darks
ate lunch at home.
Hung out most of the darks outside yeah the sun is out!!!!
made some window cleaner for church we're doing spring cleaning washing windows outside & in.
Got Subs for dinner cause going to sons ballgame after cleaning church.
Got Free gal of milk w/card yeah!!!!

#12 ·
Today is my extra cleaning day, when I get to tackle a lot of extra things like cleaning the windows, decluttering etc. I have the girls pretty much done with their lessons and then I'll get my son's lessons done. Lunch and breakfast are over and hubby is coming home a bit early to go with us to tae kwan do tonight.

#13 ·
This has been a dreary, rainy old day. I did my workout and the morning routine, then took my neighbor to his appointment. We shopped at the salvage store and ran by Dollar Tree. He bought me a yummy sandwich at Quiznos for lunch. I worked on some cleaning. I am getting around and ready for my friend to stop by so we can do a walking tape. After supper is children's swim so we will swim also and do weights. Hope you had a nice day!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.