Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still have several things that I need to go through and use up. Plenty of canned goods, flour, rice and beans. Plenty of stuff in the freezer. Frozen veggies and chicken for dh.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
595 Posts
My freezer is pretty empty right now. I have some deer meat yet. That is not to old.

We are getting our 1/2 cow next week. That will fill 1 freezer.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I still have tons of stuff to go through. I have been pretending to work on this since Dec. but kept buying stuff. I want to empty the freezer by May 1 to defrost it. So far I spent $50 on fruits, veggies, necessities. I hope I am done shopping for a while.

Today I used up:

1 container of frozen veggie soup
1 frozen bag of mixed veggies
1 bag shredded turkey-for pot pie
1 jar of salad dressing

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Yes!!!

today I am using 2 cans of chicken (which I think is "icky" but we are going to use it anyway. we are going to have the spinach that will get tossed if I don't cook it tonite.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finished a bag of hash browns, can of apricots, tomato sauce, meat from freezer and buns. A box of mac and cheese. Finished another jar of peanut butter. Arg. I can't keep it around.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I am in. I did really well last month at adding to the stockpile.
Need to eat from the freezer as it will soon be time to put stuff from the garden in it again and need to eat up last years crop.

Today I used a can of biscuits, some ground beef, and canned peaches.
Took out the last turkey I had in there today for Easter.

·
Registered
9,299 Posts
I have a list of freezer leftovers to finish up, and a ton of veggies to be eaten before they go bad. I want to try and use some pantry items too. Going to be a tough month, as there are VIPs coming to DHs work and he's been told they will provide lunch for the entire week... so no leftovers will be eaten.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
I still have a lot in pantry and a freezer about half full would like to get more used out so i can defrost it before i put more in.Haven't had buy a lot of grocery this winter.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Lunch was leftover rice mushroom broccoli casserole and LO baked beans
Dinner used a box of pasta, jar of ragu, some sour cream that was not going to last much longer.
Made a loaf of french bread to go with it so used a few pantry items for it.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I'm in too. For the past 2 months we have been eating from the stockpile out of neccessity. I want to do it again this month and maybe next month too and then rebuild the stockpile again this summer. Our income is always higher in the summer so we will have the funds to do it, then we will be ready for next winter.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Used a frozen dinner and canned apricots.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Used some soup bones and veggies today.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Used veggies and noodles.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
this weekend I used up:

FREEZER:
2 meatloafs
2 large steak
1 container of corn kernel
4 corn on the cob
concentrated orange juice

Pantry:
1 jar peach jam
2 jars green beans
2 boxes cheesy potatoes

lots of left overs

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Since first of April

Fridge
finished container sour cream and bag of Tostitos
last weekend a turkey gone

Pantry
couple boxes scalloped potatoes
can corn ( tons left)
1 jar and half another salsa
a muffin mix
finished one lg container coffee and
one container coffee-mate
several of the last of the potatos/still have a couple left that need to be used somehow
2 boxes cereal that were open
lg can pork & beans for baked beans last weekend along with
half box macaroni

Freezer
couple little Totino pizzas
couple half eaten ice cream half gallons ( hubby, no no)
couple ziplocs hamburger
finished one bag hash browns and started on another

I really need to be more mindful of remembering this stuff is in the fridge etc and using it. Since I've been off here for about 3 weeks I've found I've neglected trying to use everything. I broke the "habit". Now need to get back to the habit.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
I need to join this. I think we'll have LO soup and chicken w/ cheese sandwiches for lunch.

I have too much cheese and meat in the freezer along with various odds & ends.

Judi

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Yesterday used a turkey, a bag of corn and some pumpkin tarts from the stockpile.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
last nite was leftovers
this afternoon for lunch will be more leftovers leftover from last nites leftovers LOL :)

tonite it's a box of chicken pasta dinner that I've had hanging around the pantry for a while (why o why do I buy those dumb prepackaged meals???) some chicken breasts I'm trying to go through in the freezer, and some frozen brocolli.......

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I'm in the challenge again. So far this month I've used marinara sauce, pork roast, ground turkey, and a ribeye steak from the freezer. I've used canned green beans, juice, spaghetti, pasta, and crackers from the pantry.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
I'm hoping for more progress this month.

I don't really keep track but had to go 'shopping' in my basement today --so that means I have made progress with the upstairs pantry supply.

would like some more......and better-- progress with the freezer --so maybe this month.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts