Registered
224 Posts
:wave: Yup.. there are a few of us. :)

Reactions: thesightofoneself

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
yup.

knightofalbion, are you dietary or lifestlye?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hotprincesscm: Hello, nice to meet you.

You've thought about it? Well, it's a start. If you're serious, I would recommend following a vegan diet just at weekends to start with, give yourself the chance to find a dietary regime that you're comfortable with and, most importantly, can stick with long-term. Then....

·
Registered
224 Posts
Thesightofoneself: Hello, nice to meet you.

I'm vegan/ahimsa in diet and lifestyle.

Very cool. Is this because of a particular faith? (Hindu, Buddhist or Jainism?)

Reactions: thesightofoneself

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
gosh guys....i feel like such a 'simpleton'...lol.... in my reasonings for my lifestyle choices....

i just love all the animals 'too damn much'.....i could never eat them....and it upsets me greatly to think right now there is pain & suffering going on with my 'four-legged friends'..... (i actually cry over it sometimes and dh just looks at me like i am off my rocker).... the commercials anymore are terrible heartbreakers (i know..we NEED them to get the word out...) but i wear my heart on my sleeve with it comes to any animal and it doesn't take much to set me off.... (i even get upset when we watch the nature channels and see an animal killed by another)....i want to see the camera man run out there and 'smack' the offender...lol

dh says you gotta stop this...you have to have the balance in nature...the hunter needs to eat too... (animal hunter i am referring to)...but i hate to see any animal death...no matter what the cause....

my take on the whole thing is this: (and i don't know if this a belief in any religion or whatever) but i think we are all put on this planet...and we could have come in any form...'we' just 'happened' to be 'human'...we could have been a goat, or even a spider...but this is what we are....does it give US a RIGHT to decide what stays and lives and dies or not ? and if we were a goat do we deserve to be abused or treated in a poor manner just because we can't speak or fend for outselves...? do we deserve to be stepped on coz we were born a spider ????

i may 'go to hell' for saying this but i don't give a 'rat's ass' what the bible says about animals being here for us....i think every living 'thing' on this planet deserves to be treated well and respected and not abused....but i just may be 'wacko'....and that's ok....i am perfectly 'content' here in my own little 'wacko world'....and while i can't change the planet or everyone's mindset...i can for myself...make a difference (even in a tiny way)...so to the chicken i DON'T eat...and the spider i DON'T smash....to them...i have made a 'difference'..... :cheerup:

Reactions: hotprincesscm

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
jan, dont feel bad, mine is way worse.

i'm a germaphobe, animals, including humans are just... dirty.

:lalala:

i live in a bubble

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
gosh guys....i feel like such a 'simpleton'...lol.... in my reasonings for my lifestyle choices....

i just love all the animals 'too damn much'.....i could never eat them....and it upsets me greatly to think right now there is pain & suffering going on with my 'four-legged friends'..... (i actually cry over it sometimes and dh just looks at me like i am off my rocker).... the commercials anymore are terrible heartbreakers (i know..we NEED them to get the word out...) but i wear my heart on my sleeve with it comes to any animal and it doesn't take much to set me off.... (i even get upset when we watch the nature channels and see an animal killed by another)....i want to see the camera man run out there and 'smack' the offender...lol

dh says you gotta stop this...you have to have the balance in nature...the hunter needs to eat too... (animal hunter i am referring to)...but i hate to see any animal death...no matter what the cause....

my take on the whole thing is this: (and i don't know if this a belief in any religion or whatever) but i think we are all put on this planet...and we could have come in any form...'we' just 'happened' to be 'human'...we could have been a goat, or even a spider...but this is what we are....does it give US a RIGHT to decide what stays and lives and dies or not ? and if we were a goat do we deserve to be abused or treated in a poor manner just because we can't speak or fend for outselves...? do we deserve to be stepped on coz we were born a spider ????

i may 'go to hell' for saying this but i don't give a 'rat's ass' what the bible says about animals being here for us....i think every living 'thing' on this planet deserves to be treated well and respected and not abused....but i just may be 'wacko'....and that's ok....i am perfectly 'content' here in my own little 'wacko world'....and while i can't change the planet or everyone's mindset...i can for myself...make a difference (even in a tiny way)...so to the chicken i DON'T eat...and the spider i DON'T smash....to them...i have made a 'difference'..... :cheerup:
If only everyone had a heart as beautiful as yours...

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Hotprincesscm: Hello, nice to meet you.

You've thought about it? Well, it's a start. If you're serious, I would recommend following a vegan diet just at weekends to start with, give yourself the chance to find a dietary regime that you're comfortable with and, most importantly, can stick with long-term. Then....
Thanks that's really great advice. I have tried it in the past...Went ahead full steam and lasted about 2 days...because everyone else in my house is not even close to vegetarian...and it was so hard not to use all the same food as everyone else. I think when I decide to do it again, I will start slow.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I am vegetarian and sometimes vegan. I have quite a few recipes that I make vegan (like vegan chocolate cake) and use soy or almond milk exclusively. the only time I use eggs is for some of my older recipes that don't work as well with egg replacers (handed down, really old recipes). I exclusively use Veganaise though...even my dh who hates mayo, LOVES veganaise!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I am vegetarian and sometimes vegan. I have quite a few recipes that I make vegan (like vegan chocolate cake) and use soy or almond milk exclusively. the only time I use eggs is for some of my older recipes that don't work as well with egg replacers (handed down, really old recipes). I exclusively use Veganaise though...even my dh who hates mayo, LOVES veganaise!

Oh... should try my vegan mayo recipe. Waaaaayyy better than veganaise (IMO).

·
Registered
4,717 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
I cook mostly vegan and all my cookbooks are vegan. I am still a vegetarian though because of the small amounts of cheese and trace ingredients. I have cut way back on dairy in the last few months for sure!

I am having a blast baking vegan goodies. They are so good! Amazing what a little apple cider vinegar and soy milk can do in baking! No eggs. Yippee!! :grouphug2

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
I am vegetarian and sometimes vegan. I have quite a few recipes that I make vegan (like vegan chocolate cake) and use soy or almond milk exclusively. the only time I use eggs is for some of my older recipes that don't work as well with egg replacers (handed down, really old recipes). I exclusively use Veganaise though...even my dh who hates mayo, LOVES veganaise![/QUOTE]

I love Veganaise! :chug:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Linus, I have a question: do you have to use safflower oil? I can't always find it.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts