Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if anyone on here quilts anymore? It is one of my favorite hobbies

·
Registered
10,202 Posts
Hello. I have a handful of projects in progress. My motivation comes and goes and I don't knock them out like I used to.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
I want to be... I am going to college right now and that tends to be my "hobby". Also, our house is really small and I just don't have the space. I figure that I will get back to it after my guys all grow up and move out (well, hopefully move out).

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I was quilting until I started back to college. I'm taking this fall off school but my garden has totally exploded this past 2 weeks and I can not keep up with it let alone find time to quilt. Maybe in a couple of months I'll be able to start quilting again.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I still quilt (though not as much as i used to). i switched more to knitting for now because it's more 'portable'. I have 3 quilts planned to start sometime soon.

DS used to tell me he loved falling asleep to the sound of my machine. :)

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I am looking forward to getting back to it this winter..I have just been to busy getting my new to me home together and moveing..Hope some of these projects will get finished up and I can get back at it..

·
Registered
10,202 Posts
I was quilting until I started back to college. I'm taking this fall off school but my garden has totally exploded this past 2 weeks and I can not keep up with it let alone find time to quilt. Maybe in a couple of months I'll be able to start quilting again.
Quilting was my one hobby/release when I was in college. It was relatively mindless (compared to classwork) and I could sit and chain stitch piecework for hours.

But yeah, this time of year the garden is taking up a lot of time. I really need to get out there today, too.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I took a short breather from quilting this summer but plan to get back to it shortly. I am in the middle of a Block of the month quilt, and have another quilt pieced and ready to put together. Summer is vegetable gardening time for me and I don't quilt as much. I also have a needlepoint going for a gift and have a couple of knitting projects that I'll work on this winter while watching TV.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
I Love to quilt...but since moving to my (new to me) house...I have been much to busy...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Just finding my way back to the forum after a computer crash last winter. I mostly am doing small things until after Christmas. I got in on some flannel at Joann's black Friday sale and for less than $2 each, I will be giving my library quilters pillow case kits. At a later time I'll teach them how to put them together. Here is a link: http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/millionpillowcases/instructions/RollItUp.pdf

piney

·
Registered
10,202 Posts
Yeah, hanging out in the Stash Management thread. :)

Reactions: pinecone

·
Registered
10,202 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts