Frugal Village Forums banner

Are you all getting those annoying political prerecorded phone calls?

368 views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Ellise 
#1 ·
We have gotten so many of them and I find them so annoying. I feel like if you are going to have me take time away from my family to listen to you, you should at least be a live person or ask me if I even want to hear the prerecorded message!!!!:bang: I'll tell you, there are a few candidates that I will not be voting for because of their prerecorded calls that keep coming at all times of the day!!!

#4 ·
PrairieRose said:
The only one I've gotten was Mrs. Bush....it was nice to chat with her. :crackup:
I don't remember calling you Lisa!!

No Deb - I haven't gotten a single one!
Maybe they figure that since our phone is registered to GWBush, there's no need!!! :laugh:

#6 ·
Shcuks - I'd gladly give up the "no calls" thing for some *other* type of kudos!! ;)

The best was when we got a call asking if this was "really GWBush's house" to which I replied "yes, but he's not in right now" - they asked if I was "Mrs. Bush" and "what "GW's views on Military spending" were - I told them that I knew firsthand that "my husband feels our Military pay should increase & that the war on terror needed more funding to enable our boys to come home..." I got a big "HOOAH Mrs. Bush" a thank you & a polite "have a good evening."

Man - this is fun!! I hope my GW really does go back into politics now!! :D

#8 ·
Does that mean you'll be voting for my husband?!?! ;)

See - and your phone didn't even ring! :laugh:

- seriously though -
I'll be so glad when this election is over - while I'm not getting the calls, I'm tiring quickly of the negative campaigns.... :rolleyes:

#12 ·
me too, the tv and radio ads were more than enough to drive me batty witht he back and fourth bickering between local, state , etc electees, but the over the phone stuff is just too much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.