Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
I actually bought my own gift, lol.... but then it turns out that DH had other plans, and wants to do that, too. I was in a scrapbooking store buying a gift for my MIL, and talked to DH on my cell phone, and told him if he didn't know what to get me he could get me eyelet tools. He told me he had no idea what that was, but if I wanted it, to go ahead and get it. :) So, I did... and I was thrilled, thinking this would count as my Mother's Day gift. (I would never have bought this tool set just for myself-- too much $$! But as a gift I didn't feel quite as guilty about it.) Well, then later that night, he told me that he actually had planned something else for my gift and he was still doing that.... so I wanted to return the tools... but he insisted keep them, too. :toothy:

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
clean laundry and clean dishes. i sorta got what i wanted. they ran the dishwasher and did 2 loads of laundry.
i already got a new set of cookware (bought the display at work $400.00 cookware for 114.00) and dh bought me a vaccuum last month so i have gotten enough new stuff and didn't have any wants or needs.

·
Registered
106 Posts
My kids and dh did exactly what I wanted. (Of course I told them lol) We went to Wal Mart and bought two of those strawberry pots for herbs, the herbs to put in them, and a flat of pansies. The guys filled the herb pots and planted them, I did some weeding with dd and she planted the pansies and some other flower seeds. It was a wonderful afternoon outside, and then they cooked supper for me, homemade sweet and sour pork. All I had to do was make the sauce, because that is my specialty and it only took me 10 minutes. What a great Mother's day!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts