Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I can't wait until this election is over. Some of the nastiness is really making me wonder about the man/woman going to be running our country. I can't believe some of the ads that on now on tv.

Hurry Monday and get here so this can all be over!!!! Hopefully we will get a majority government because I don't want this all over again in another 18 months.

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

heheheh I've been entertaining myself and dh lately by talking back to the ads on TV. We both do it.

And the rudeness is really something! Enough already with the personal attacks.

But I'd really like to change the channel back to living as a normal laid back Canadian. Apathy or laid backness. Whichever it is, it's a Canadian trait.

We don't like getting too het up about anything for too long.

Time to do our usual thing and acheive a nice working compromise or consensus of opinion where we may not agree, but we work together to find a middle ground where everyone is reasonably ok with it all.

·
Tina Bob
1,591 Posts
Oh yeah, I tired of it all too.

I've worked the advanced polls for the elections and many people feel the same way. I've heard all sorts of comments; some I would never repeat.

Monday will be an interesting day and I'll be so thankful when it's all over the I don't have to listen to all the commercials.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it's the commercials that are getting to me too. Grown men and woman acting worse that 2 year olds would. We talk back to them too. :toothy:

During news hour, you should hear the comments from our side of the tv.

I do respect our government, its all the bashing and nastiness that bothers me.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Hmmmmm, kind of glad we don't have cable.....therefore no TV....and no commercials!

Oh well, i've been roped into being a scrutineer for a few hours on Monday. Should be interesting.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I will be very happy when it's over !.
I hope we get a majority government also !.

Here in Quebec and I'm sorry to say this but I wish with all my heart that our ass............ of our candidate doesn't win , he as insulted so many other leaders especially the one from Calgary, children don't even do that. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Keeping fingers crossed here !.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts