Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not something I have an interest in. However I am seeing more and more women driving them, and not the little ones - Harley's even.

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
I had a motorcyle licence for many years. I don't have it now though. My best friend Kathleen had a women's harley for a long time and used it instead of her car, but when they started to become popular, she sold it.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Blanche, I think dh would like one too, however he'd never admit it.

They have a group here who spend weekends together going on motorcycle trips.

A close friend of ours won $25,000.00 last year and gave it to her dh to buy one. They've been here a couple times with it and are really enjoying it.

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
CJ, I'd like one of those little european scooters like a Lambretta or a Rabbit but more for the fuel saving capabilities rather than anything else.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Mine wants to get one and then he and I can drive up the coast of California on it!!:D I guess that means my Harley (that's dh's name) would have a Harley!!:D

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Heck no. My friend's brother got into a motorcycle accident at age 22 and became a quadrapalegic. He died from complications from that 5 yrs later. :(

So in other words, you couldn't pay me enough to ride on one.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Blanche :D

Rhonda, a couple here have scooters. You don't have to have a license for them and they can go up to 80 miles per hour. It's not too practical here because in our town you can walk everywhere. However in the city, I think I'd get one.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I don't but dh does

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I don't but dh does. My mil is also a biker! It's been a long time since dh and I went for a ride. I love it when we ride through the country sightseeing. It's so peaceful and beautiful!!

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
nope

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I have no use for a motercycle. My little sister and her hubby were on when he layed it down. She was 5 months pregnet.
The baby came out fine...... Even our governer Arnie The terminator doesn't even have a lic for one..But he still rides one. Was just in an accident. With his son who was in a side car. Did he get in trouble with the law NO!!!
Fern

·
Registered
948 Posts
Don't have a license, but I'd love one. Dh has one and owns a Harley...I don't want to ride something that big or expensive...I LOVE Honda Rebels. I find since becoming a mommy I'm way more nervous on a motorcycle though, so not completely sure I could follow through with it!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts