Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you Ready for Christmas?

I have heard that question lately (Much like "cold weather we are having today huh?")

I answer a happy "Yes" then when the person hangs their head down low. I add in "Oh, I have things to do still I am just ready for Christmas" Then they smile.

I do still have things to do but they are part of the fun. And I think they need to be spaced out. Like the tree is a Christmas Eve thing. And most Christmas baking happens when the children are available. As late as Christmas Eve is fine.

Oh I am so ready for Christmas (even though my check list has unchecked boxes)

Are you ready for Christmas?

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
I've done my shopping and mailed what needs mailing. The house is a disaster... DH is remodeling his office... but no one will be visiting so who cares. We'll get it cleaned up soon enough. I haven't started listening to christmas carols yet though.

Reactions: imagine

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
I'm pretty well ready, still have to bake goodies and wrap a few things, but no big stress things to do.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Oldest dd's birthday is tomorrow. I think I'll be better able to focus on Christmas once I have that out of the way. I still have to decorate her cake, wrap presents, then deliver everything.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I wish!!! I just got my cards done and mailed. I have so much to do around the house. Still have a lot of Christmas shopping to do. Baking to do also. Both my boys and family's will be home for the holidays and it will be the first time in 17 years that we will be together for Christmas. Can hardly wait. As far as what has to be done---don't even know where to start but you know as well as I do that in the end all will turn out fine and things will get done. IMO being all together for the holiday and having a good time is all that really matters. I hope that you all have a wonderful and Joyous Christmas!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
I still have a few things to do but in essence I am ready. :)

·
Registered
694 Posts
I'm ready! Every gift but one is bought and wrapped. Very simple food menu planned. No one but MIL visiting. Kids are excited. Christmas music playing all day. More than enough snow outside. I love Christmas!

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'm kind of ready for it to be over, lol! I love the holiday, but I wish there weren't so many weeks of hype leading up to it...it burns me out.

Anyway, I totally switched things up this year. I sent Thanksgiving cards instead of Christmas cards. I'm not doing any baking. I ordered the last gift last night, and all are waiting to be wrapped. I bought FAR fewer gifts this year than in past years and for immediate family only.

Overall, I love the simplicity of what I'm doing this year. I did fully decorate the house, which was actually fun, because I could take my time and focus on it rather trying to do it while baking and doing cards and such. I still have the WDW train and monorail to put up around the trees (I upsized to 3 trees this year, lol!)

Best of all, DD has been playing Christmas carols on the piano this year, and that makes my heart sing.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Since I've simplified Christmas, I'm basicly done. Need to pic up one more gift, and deliver them to the inlaws. The kids can decorate the house if they want to, there is premade gingerbread dough in the stockpile if they want to bake something. No cards, I won't do anything just because I feel I "should". I want to make a nice dessert for christmas dinner, but if I wake up on christmas eve and don't feel like cooking, I'll just buy something.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
No I haven't started shopping yet. I decorated & sent cards. Started baking cookies but I need to get in gear!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I wrote out my Christmas cards today. I will mail them tomorrow. We have no decorations up. Learned long ago that a house with pets and Christmas decorations do not always mix. No room for a tree, so we sold that at a garage sale long ago. I have the ham in the deep freeze and will defrost it closer to the day. I'll let dh decide on the side dishes. We don't eat sweets, so no baking of sweets here. Making it quite simple.

A2M

·
Registered
227 Posts
Kinda. Gonna send out some Christmas cards, gifts all bought, gotta send some gifts to our niece and nephew, but I'm not really feeling the holiday spirit for some reason.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Dh and I are done our main shopping for the year. Gifts are purchased, but stocking stuffers are still needed.

My Christmas supper is planned, but not purchased yet. I will bring dh to do groceries last time the cart tipped in the snow, no one would help, and I only have one good hand... difficult to set cart upright

I am not much into big baking days. I am thinking an apple pie baked Christmas day :) as dessert. I do have cookies planned to make for tomorrow night, as it's part of the gifts for my home daycare. I found super cute stuffies for the little ones, so they will have a little something from us as well. Previous years it's been bigger, but I just can't this year.

What does that leave? tree is up.... we don't send cards. OH, I guess wrapping and bringing dd10 to see Santa.

So, I think we're nearly done what we need to do!

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
hmm
the cards arent done
the tree is up but not decorated
no cookies this year
not one gift wrapped
not all gifts bought
living rm. 1/2 cleaned of clutter
so NADA no not a bit.lol

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Bought 2 more gifts online only to find they may get here late
Set up my ceramic santa display.
Still have NO idea what I am serving
I really need to kick it up.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
I am not ready at all. I'm just never alone, so it's hard to get shopping done and the kids didn't really give me a lot of ideas so I can't really get something online. And, DH never gives me any ideas, and I want to get him something but I'm never sure what to get. What I do have, I want to wrap, but I'm either at work or I'm at home with everyone, so again...no time! :) It will get done...it always done. Just feeling the pressure at the moment.

Reactions: auntie2many
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.