Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the extra hour sleep but getting use to it being dark so early is hard for me to get use to.

·
Registered
63 Posts
What? Already?:duck:

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
It already gets insanely dark here early. When this time thing goes into effect, it'll be getting dark at 4:30pm.

:(

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
I hate it being dark at five. I sometimes feel depressed, but then again I don't mind being out and about at night.

·
19,119 Posts
Nothing to do here - just remember the change when we call the mainland!!

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
eh, light, dark... all the same to me. Most mornings I run on auto-pilot anyways :lol:

Old Man on the other hand... he has to start work at 6, so he is always up at 4:30. It will be darker for him longer... and on the flip side, it will be darker quicker in the evening.

He's from Memphis and I seriously think he's developed SADs since moving up here to New England.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I am not very fond of it getting dark so early. I feel like it cuts down on productivity, for me anyway. I'd heard that one positive thing was for children standing at the bus stop early in the morning, that they wouldn't be in the dark.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I hate it getting dark so early.....it feels like bedtime at 7pm~!!!

It gets dark here around 4..at the earliest. Right now...I think it's at 6:30 or so. Moving up everyday.....:(

·
27,948 Posts
More than ready. :note: It's the most wonderful time of the year.:note:
Love jammies on early even at the dinner table sometimes,lol. No doorbell ringing, cozy in front of the fireplace reading until bedtime. Woohoo. Um ya , I'm ready.

Reactions: valerian

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I wish they would just leave it alone! I DO like getting my hour back. And this is a great weekend to get it back because we are going to the Lone Star Rally in Galveston - WOO HOO! We are going on both Harleys.

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
It's a pain with little kids because they just get up at the same time anyway and rob you of the bonus hour of sleep, then they're all messed up at bedtime.

But it will be nice to have the sun show up before the school bus for a while.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I'm ready and look forward to it! I love winter and this makes me feel like it's coming soon! I loved it as a kid too. Don't like the spring one though...lose an hour of sleep and it used to suck when I had to work on call that day and work an extra hour.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Well I am ready now. Had to look up what day it was happening since I didn't put it on my calendar.

Everything gets to be a blurr after awhile. So as long as I remember to change the clocks so I am not walking around wondering where people are I should be fine.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.