Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so sick and tired of hot weather. I have the weather bug program loaded on my computer and it puts a little temperature icon in my tray beside the time on my computer. I have watched it climb steadily everyday. It is 4:00pm and it is 106 degrees here. I am so ready for fall and for lower electric bills. Our electric bill was $300 dollars this month :mad: . Hurry up Fall!

I want to see fall colors and falling leaves and make hot apple cider for the evenings.:)

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
I am not a fan of summer at all. I love Fall too and am looking forward to it.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
i like any season that doesn't involve snow and ice, so i like summer fine.:D

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Since we really only have summer and winter here, I am happy with the summer :) The only thing I hate is when it does get to around 106/dry heat because then it's far too uncomfortable to go out in my un airconditioned car.

·
27,948 Posts
I'm a big fan of Fall myself. Dh & I were watching the weather channel & I was remarking that I thought the temps were prob. unusually high for Texans. He said he'd look it up. What do you say?

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Darlene, your DH is right. It is getting hotter here year by year. It is 6:45pm and it is 108 degrees right now.

Carolyn, you said it much better than me, I am not tired of summer I am just tired of heat heat and more heat. There is not enough water in the ocean to keep the poor heat stressed lawns here looking healthy. I am now just trying to give my poor little flower beds a good watering and the lawn is just a lost cause for the rest of the season. :(

·
27,948 Posts
Stay cool sweet momma! Does that help?:hugz:

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
I am tired of mowing the lawn..how's that? LOL. I don't do well in the heat, so I tend to hibernate. And the weeds know it! My poor flower beds. *sigh* OH well, Life goes on!:curtain:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I am also tired of the heat and the humidity...I understand completely, Kathy...My favorite season is fall, then spring, then I'm divided between winter and summer...too cold or too hot...

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes Darlene, that helped a lot. I feel better now.:D

I am thinking :bigsnow: :reindeer: :swave: :snowman: :santa:

Lucie, I am with you, Fall and Spring for me, summer is too hot and winter is too cool. I like it here in the village, where it is a wonderful 75 degrees year round and always sunny skies and the birds are always singing (and they don't poop on our cars, LOL). Never an icy road to navigate or a heat wave to deal with. Just beautiful weather always. LOL.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Kathy~ I know just how you feel. All I want to do is stay indoors with the air on!! It was 106 here today. I need to mow the lawn, but can't bare to do it or even have the kids do it because it is so hot!! All we water are the trees and some plants. The grass is on its own.

I want fall to come on as well! I love the cooler temps.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
We're having the mildest summer in a long time. The high was only 82 here,today. That is very unusual in GA. We've only reached 90 degrees a couple of times this year. If only it would last forever!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Katybird said:

I am thinking :bigsnow: :reindeer: :swave: :snowman: :santa:

Lucie, I am with you, Fall and Spring for me, summer is too hot and winter is too cool. I like it here in the village, where it is a wonderful 75 degrees year round and always sunny skies and the birds are always singing (and they don't poop on our cars, LOL). Never an icy road to navigate or a heat wave to deal with. Just beautiful weather always. LOL.
Kathy, you are too funny! :laugh:

Here's for you to cool you off...

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
I'm thinking fall as well, although winter is my favorite season.

It has been so dry here, hot and getting hotter. Tomorrow its suppose to be very hot.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I love summer time, but this summer really bites. First it took forever to get here and now it wont stop raining.

Soon it will be over all together:(

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
I love summertime! But this year Germany is having a heat wave and we have no air conditioning! Being pregnant doesn't help me stay cool either. Hopefully the heat will only last a couple more weeks.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Although fall is my favorite season, summer is ok if it's not too humid. I don't do humid well. I'm sick of this summer though because of all the rain we've had. We typically won't kayak in the rain and it's rained SO much this summer, it's really put a crimp in the season for us. I'm at the point now that I'm looking forward to sweater weather.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
I'm sick of home renovations. I'm sick of paying the bills that go along with those.School starts in a week and a half and the only way we are going to be able to quit working on the house is to go to work.:( Sorry I'm in a pitty party kind of mood)

·
Registered
601 Posts
I love the summer, but i am just about ready for FALL to start trickling on in, myself....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts