Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm more into flower gardening than I am quilting, but I am getting a bit done. I'm still working on baby quilts for charity, but going slow and enjoying the process.

Are you doing any quilting right now and if so, what are you working on?

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I was thinking of starting a wall quilt, with maybe a red, white, and blue color scheme. I thought I would like to redo my living room in a patriotic theme, and wanted to start with a wall quilt

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
I had a plan to make a huge quilt pillow for my dog out of old blue jeans. The jeans are still in the bag beside my sewing machine and that's been about 3 months now.

I still think I need to do it first as it will be good experience for me but since I haven't felt well for months, I didn't want to start it.

I slowly searching for the right material to make a a twin bed size wall hanging. It's a young girl looking out a window at trees and birds and has a blue sky and window frames. It's so pretty and I have a wall in my bedroom I would like to hang it. I don't really understand all the instructions so when I do start, I would appreciate help. It's from an old Quilting Mag. from the 70's.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dolphin, first a wee tip from someone who has been quilting for years. Don't start on something that is hard, especially applique. Work on something a bit easier first, get the feel of quilting, doing your 1/4 inch seam allowance, cutting, pressing and sewing. Then gradually work towards applique.

I also have a number of tutorials done which you can check out.

When your ready though, no matter what pattern you do, I'll help you anyway I can.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Thank you for the advice CJ. That's probably why the instructions aren't clear cause I'm not ready for that yet.

I do the doggy blue jean quilt first. LOL

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Great projects ladies.

I am still working on my tutorial.....having fun with it but haven't done much the last month, once DH goes back to work in a week or so I want to start up again.....me time!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts