Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In this house all the moldings are not painted. They are stained. It seems weird to me to have an entire home with wood trim. None of the doors are painted either. Now I am not sure I should paint the moldings. Normally, I'd just jump into painting trim white for a crisp look. I know some people paint their moldings and baseboards the same color as their walls, but I don't.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
our are painted but I only painted them becuase they were ugly when we moved here, a very dark stain and that is not me but we have a banister and railing we put up that is a light stain..

Eileen

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Our woodtrims between the kitchen and living room are stained. I wouldn't change that. I think it looks nice, but the rest of the house, the trims are painted. We also have carved wooden doors everywhere. I love those! :)

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
All of our mouldings, trims and doors are painted white. Underneath the white paint is dark mahogany which I wish they wouldn't have painted. The white does goes well with the house though, so any new mouldings we put up will be painted white.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
All the trim in our house is painted white except the kitchen and it soon will be white too.

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Living room and computer/school room is original trim, mouldings stained.

Kitchen and all of upstairs is original trim/mouldings but is painted.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Some are some not ! I like both, depends on the room .....

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
All of ours are painted. Our home is a 1950s post war track home so it has none of the great old wood character that older homes or nicer more well built homes have. I like my little house but on my road almost every other house is a version of mine, there are slight floorplan variations but mainly they are just alike. If I had a home with great character I would be a little more into the natural or stained woodwork.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
We have a lot of molding in our house (we just hung the living room crown molding yesterday) and it's all white. I would love to have it in the wood color but this is how it was when we moved in.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
I would kill to have wood moldings that were stained, not painted! I love wood and am not a fan of painting it. Our old house had wood everywhere and I really miss it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts