Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Frustrated Shoppers Turn to GPS
LONDON (Reuters) - Frustrated shoppers who spend hours searching for an elusive item are to be given help -- in the form of a satellite-guided shopping cart.

Product designer Murray Laidlaw has invented the trolley, fitted with a global positioning system (news - web sites) (GPS), to guide shoppers to their products, the Daily Mail newspaper said on Wednesday.

The device, which will sit on the trolley handle, will also suggest recipes, advise on special offers and work out the quickest route around the store.

"Lots of people just don't shop in a methodical manner," the paper quoted Laidlaw as saying. "This device will make shopping trips less confusing and time consuming."

GPS, initially designed for the U.S. military, will guide shoppers by showing arrows on a screen which take them to the correct shelf.

Laidlaw has been given a 30,000 pound government grant to develop the trolley and hopes to have a prototype within six months.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=573&ncid=757&e=3&u=/nm/20030430/od_nm/shoppers_dc
Here's the solution to stupid customer service that can't find the item for you either. LOL I can't believe this is real.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
that's what i need!!
no more getting sent all over the store for something i am looking for!!

but wouldn't it take just as long what with having to enter your shopping list into the thing?

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
That would be great, except it's only as smart as the idiot that enters the items into the system....

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
i can see this raising the price of groceries already!!!:mad: :mad: they gotta pay for them somehow!

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Instead of working so hard to be frugal, maybe we should just start coming up with these really dumb ideas and sell them to stores and make lots of money. This one is ridiculous.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts