Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never use my Discover card as interest is WAY to high. I asked for it to be lowered and they did...... to 19% as if I would use it at that.

Actually they did give a temporary decrease until Sept at 3.99% We do plan on charging something small and pay it off so the card is not canceled or limit lowered as it is a good chunk of our available credit.

Question if it is paid off before the statement comes will they still count it as using the card or do they need to earn interest once in a while to want you as a customer

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
I have had my Discover card since I was in my twenties. I heart them and they give me 5% interest rates and so many breaks.

First it sounds like your FICO score is not high so maybe the higher intrest charge?

itlw8 said:
Question if it is paid off before the statement comes will they still count it as using the card or do they need to earn interest once in a while to want you as a customer
I have paid it off a million times over and they will still give you good credit. That has been my experience.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
15 years ago I was 2 days late and they raised my rate. that was 15 years ago. my fico is 817 so that is hardly the problem I would think. now lack of use that could be a problem I only use it is I need to charge something at Sam's

·
Registered
382 Posts
I've always paid it off every month, and they've never canceled my card.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts